Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Anatharon posted:

Replaying puzzles in 999 is a chore.

The worst chore. VLR's best feature is the flowchart that lets you skip to any point in the story you've already done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Jastiger posted:

Just finished Dragon Age: Inquisition. Was a blast! Too much content though and I am bummed I wasn't able to piece together the story OR do some companions side missions.

I'm curious who you missed out on? Gating companion quests behind high approval is dumb (DA2 somehow did it better where approval just affected how they treated you, not giving you their quests) but even with the Inquisition characters I've been mean to they've handed over their quests. Iron Bull's is pretty buggy and I've missed out on a bunch of content with Sera because she's entirely neutral to me or whatever but she still handed out all her quests, all the others pony up their quests really easily. I guess if you never bother pandering to Solas he might not but I've never done that :shobon:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Esroc posted:

It's possible that I just haven't gotten far enough for the story to open up, as I spent way too much time in the Hinterlands and only just now started going to other areas. I hear that everything before you close the Breach is essentially a very long-winded prologue and the game doesn't really get going until after that. So I'll keep going and hope things change. I'm enjoying the overall plot, but it's hard to give a poo poo about my own character so far. Because he's not mine. He's shackled by the way the writers decided they wanted him to be. All I really got to do was choose his hair color.

That's mostly it. Up til then as far as most are concerned you're untouchable and you can just repeatedly bitch at them that no, I'm an atheist, I don't actually believe in God. After the big choice between mages and templars things start to open up a little but as with the other two games it's often restricted to lovely/funny/mean with a side of believer/nonbeliever (with various gods involved, you sort of have to work out your character yourself and think of how they might react rather than letting the game work it out for you). The companion quests are where the game really shines with regards to your character.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
In the Witcher 3 Geralt teams up with this lady Keira, who doesn't wear any shoes. Her feet are constantly contorted as if she's wearing invisible high heels. :sigh:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
The second boss in Altered Beast, the guy with all the eyes, was impossible for me and my little brother to beat when we were kids. We tried so many different ways, single player and co-op, to take that fucker down. No luck. No matter how much we damaged him he just never seemed to die and eventually attrition would take us out.

Eventually we used a level skip to play the rest of the game.

I haven't played it in 20 years but I bet that guy is still a bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Olaf The Stout posted:

Dragons age Inquistions has committed an unpardonable crime, even if it does allow you to color every piece of cloth your entire party wears into yellow plaid for some reason.

There are ten huge zones in game that you fight your way through doin bioware stuff and having a lot of fun. Through these zones are all kinds of quests, but usually one big over-arching one with a big bad and the big conflict of the zone. When you finish these zones you fight the local badass and are showered in cutscenes and decisions showing your awesomeness. You sit in your giant-rear end customizable throne and pass judgements over these bosses like, well, a loving boss. Then your trophies start popping.

Well god drat if I didn't get to the end of the 5th zone of the game and start fighting the boss. He was tough as hell but I was up to it. Then he fell down, and then levitated away over a hill where I chased him for a long time, through a dragon and all kinds of other poo poo.

A dozen hours later there is a death animation, a cutscene, judgements, trophies, overall enormous satisfaction of completing the long cap-stone quest for the entire zone: all of this was supposed to happen when that boss died. He did not fly away to the next zone as I believed, he flew away with my desire to ever play this game again. Oh and it's a known glitch since launch and has not been fixed yet or maybe never will but that information will never effect my life again lol.

Which enemy are you talking about because, I have no idea which guy or zone you mean