Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The Amazing Spider-Man games are stepping in the right direction except for a lackluster upgrade system. I have a bunch of useless tech now and a lot of suits to level up because upgrades are maxed suits are not. I should be able to buy suit exp with tech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
there's a green paint color in Gran Turismo 6 that's called "Green Go". Its the color of grass :ese:

what drags the game down is the paint schemes that are cool like color shift and some fluorescents are time limited and easy to miss forever if you cant gold something

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm about half way through this thread but it bears repeating if so. I'm tired of games not differentiating between vanilla content and DLC content. I'd like to know what it is that I put the extra effort in to get.

Oddly enough, this became apparent to me when I was watching Stripes with the deleted scenes added in and each one had a banner indicating it was a deleted scene. I think New Vegas had something like that next to items. Dishonoured and Shadow of Mordor have left me guessing.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
SoM needs to label the DLC i don't know what's been added.

E: also, I suspect it has phony load times for menus and poo poo on the PS3

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The Saboteur is dragged down by how its kinda hard to find a copy of.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Lord Lambeth posted:

You can pick up a digital copy on Origin

I could but I'm not exactly the digital portfolio kinda person. Bad w/passwords, logins, etc. I'd much rather have a copy on console to sit on my shelf.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The GTA V online mode is really only playable if you've got friends online right now. Playing online with other players and no friends is the worst. Can't do anything without some jerkoff going for your throat. Its real buggy and full of hacked accounts. The other day some 8 year old middle eastern kid kept poo poo talking despite me having my mic set to friends only. If I played this game in high school I would have showed up to school with a real gun and used it by now.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
the worst part of okami was the brick wall that had 7 or 8 points on it you had to put a dot on to destroy.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Phobophilia posted:

That's totally optional afaik and I skipped that guy.

you could skip it with the vine move but it took me about an hour of do overs to figure that out. Okami is on the very short list of games ive blacked out playing.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i didnt know they had to be in order. that puzzle still sucks

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Ryoshi posted:

I'm pretty sure Landerig has a good handle on the scale, though.

a chaotic neutral reply should have been the stake in the heart of this lawful bad derail.

Dragging BF4 down is the fact that you can't repeat the second to last mission without first beating the last mission.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I would give them the stink eye

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
its not a game but i'm not a fan of "smart"phones having keyboards but no delete key only backspace. it makes editing text take forever as you try to put the cursor forward around an "l" to delete but after 5 minutes its just easier to delete everything and start again

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Inzombiac posted:

Lichdom: Battlemage is a weird, stupid game but I keep playing it.

You play a mage and your crafting is making new spells. You have a ton of flexibility but the game doesn't tell you what the terms mean in a useful way.
I had Necromancer spell that shot dark energy and bones and did a lot if damage. I tried to craft an upgraded version but then it did no damage but put a symbol above the hit enemy's head. I don't know what that symbol means.

There is a deep magic system that I feel could be abuse to making the game abuse cakewalk but the system is so obtuse, I'm just making spells and praying they work.

OH! It's a linear FPS magic game but if you don't have the right runes, bosses are nearly impossible. You have to grind. In an FPS. Wtf.

I don't normally read a post and go buy the game but today's an exception. What drags it down for me is the 10 gig game file download

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

im pooping! posted:

@gta v online its much better if you become part of the problem. i follow anyone breathing into their mic and I honk the horn at them while passive until they stop

Once you hit level 50? I think the game opens up with Buzzard access and by that time you'll have somebody riding passenger. Even passive mode is super risky to be in around two/more players in a Buzzard. They're stuck walking everywhere lest an insured car get exploded by some guy with every last cent spent on cars, guns, and ammo.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I said it was good in the other thread so here im gonna complain. Gauntlet saw an update today that was an overhaul. One thing that changed was relics don't use potion they get a cooldown instead. It's good in the long run but there are times in a fight where using the multi ring repeatedly could increase firepower exponentially. Also you're limited to one relic and a potion effect now, which are now two different things. It's still now a better game but they got rid of some good stuff.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The Steam workshop has a bunch of skins to reskin the VR controllers. Not only is the "Freeman" themed one complete gently caress broken but half of what's currently available is some MLP horseshit.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Nuebot posted:

Did you expect VR to not be ponies and memes?

I expected steam VR to be out of the price range for a bunch of pants making GBS threads manchildren because the lovely oculus rift cost less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Action Tortoise posted:

battle gear is the biggest letdown on mother base.

It only existed as a 3D model and on paper right? I don't remember where i quit playing because the same missions but harder got old.