Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Action Tortoise posted:

I don't wanna limit the thread on what we can complain about. If we can all agree that there are some annoying parts to this perfect game and voice them without the :smuggo: back and forth I think we should be cool.

I'm at the Crystal Caves right now and out of all the enemies here I'm really annoyed by the clams. I was trying to pull them one by one so I wouldn't get ganged up on but the last two decided to work together and I got boxed in without paying attention to my surroundings. Yes, it was my fault but still :argh::darksouls:

Pull those clams back, there's some geometry you can easily get them stuck on and then stab them to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Lord Lambeth posted:

You don't lose cops in sleeping dogs. You ram them into oblivion.

I really liked shooting out their tires so they'd do the Micheal Bay Car Flip.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Alteisen posted:

I'd like to add that WS has also been plagued by numerous bugs, everytime the devs "fix" something they break like 10 others, my favorite so far is guild leaders(just the leader) having their entire attunemment wiped, Carbine's answer to this lovely bug? "Roll and alt and do it again".

And holy poo poo that TBC chart, is that for real?

Yea, mmos are poo poo, but it's made a little better by the fact you'd probably do most of the black ones just reaching the level cap.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

I know it's a divisive game, but Nolan North's voice work in Dota2 is really good as well, none of the characters he plays sound anything like each other and are all really fun to play as just because of how good their voice lines are.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Kimmalah posted:

I always collect the 10 book pages for this quest in Skyrim just because I like the reward. It doesn't sound bad until you realize the book pages are tiny and scattered around a huge boring area where everything looks the same.

poo poo so they're scattered across the whole world map then?

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

The second I heard Nomura wasn't involved in FFXV was the first time I have been near anything resembling interest in a final fantasy game in a long loving time.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

im pooping! posted:

I tried playing Morrowind on console

My god the load times were long enough to take poo poo or make a sandwich and you'd still come back to a loading screen.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

DStecks posted:

Wow. Presumably that's not really a glitch, as in a "woops we should patch this" glitch, but an unintended behavior they chose not to fix. Because that would have been a gigantic pain in the rear end if Lakitu worked like that.

It was an NES game, they were all designed to be a huge pain in the rear end.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

amityville anus posted:

If I played this game in high school I would have showed up to school with a real gun and used it by now.

haha what the gently caress

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

So the Heavy would be a good example of emergent gameplay?

In much the same way a turd emerges from an rear end my friend.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Can you go back to 4chan and never return Poptart Fairy, you're terrible

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Ryoshi posted:

I am apparently too stupid for Armikrog.

From what I've heard it's more likely the other way around.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

The thing dragging Fallout 4 down for me is that all the doors stopped working in goodneighbor and now my save is broken

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

Square Enix just keeps making the shittiest decisions:

-you have to register for and sign in to their community site to even be able to play the PC version of FF7
-Deus Ex's "augment your preorder" thing that blew up so spectacularly that they cancelled the whole thing
-Tomb Raider 2 being Xbox exclusive for a year, meaning nobody cared about it release and the game was pared down because it had to run on the Xbox 360
-Just Cause 3 tanking the performance in the name of constantly pinging their servers
-Final Fantasy 7 remake being episodic

Don't forget that Tomb Raider 2 released on the same day as Fallout 4!

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Digirat posted:

I don't even care about the stats on it, I'm just getting tired of calling in a bunch of pawns when looking for one to hire, just to see 5 of these things come strolling out of the fog.

Yea, it's bad enough that when I need a caster pawn I only search for male ones.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

So it's also willpower

No, that's wisdom :v:

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

ArtIsResistance posted:

kojima writes capable and strong female characters but he is a sexist because unlike most men, he likes breasts and giant asses

Also extremely annoying humming apparently.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Also vagina bombs

That's my favorite fem-punk band

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Your mom's vagina should probably sue them for violating her likeness rights.

Not that it's ever cared about violation before.

God drat.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

So My Inner Life is before Wind Waker, right?

And where's Link's Crossbow Training?

What about Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland and Ripening Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love?

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

CJacobs posted:

They have a vendetta against the modern age and GTA 5 is their attempt to pass off stone-cold complaining as satirical comedy, and unsurprisingly, it doesn't work and is often times not funny.

see also: Matt Stone, Trey Parker

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Holy poo poo someone was real mad about Deceitful Penguin's Dark Souls post.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

A cowboy teaches a dog how to use a knife

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Geirskogul posted:

Overwatch drags Overwatch down. I don't get it.

Also Mei. Bastion.

God dammit I hate that robot

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

kazil posted:

I hate that every first person stealth game has decided that crouch is sneak mode. I don't really want to play 90% of a game in crouch.

Also, walking in a crouch is loving hard and not sneaky at all.

Playing Dishonored again before the sequel drops huh?

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Pseudohog posted:

My peeve at the moment - just started playing the Black Mirror series, which had got some decent reviews as spooky traditional-style adventure games.
Got a few hours into the first one, and during one scene the main character - who has up to this point refused to do anything slightly dangerous or touch anything nasty - responds to my telling him to go and investigate an electical cable by running over and grabbing it with his bare hands.

Boom, game over! No restarting at a recent checkpoint or autosave - nope, chucked out to the main menu to reload a manual save game. Where I find out that my last save was over an hour ago, before some tedious conversations and puzzles.

gently caress you, game developers who think that putting instadeath into a modern point and click adventure game is a good idea!

Hahaha yea that poo poo got me too when I played that game over a year ago, the sequels are much more forgiving on that aspect at least in that they autosave whenever you enter a room with something that can kill you

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Remember, Misterbibs is the guy that couldn't beat Super Mario Galaxy 2 without save states

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

RyokoTK posted:

At least Retard 4 is a good-rear end game

Where do I get this game?

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

RyokoTK posted:

Steam would work, but I hear it's like 80 GB or something silly.

Checks out

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

The turret section in Dead Space can seriously gently caress off forever. So you're on this big rear end cannon and you have to shoot asteroids. Okay whatever but maybe a nice change of pace. gently caress you.

1. The shields start at 85 just to be an extra gently caress you.
2. The thing is way too twitchy and hard to accurately shoot.
3. The asteroids are small and really hard to hit.
4. THERE ARE WAAAAAAAAAAAY TOO MANY OF THEM. Seriously, you have to have the reaction of a god to hit every single one of them.
5. Shields go and you're dead.
6. THE CANNON CAN OVERHEAT. This is unforgivable. Basically you can't just keep blasting, which would make this still hard as hell, but you have to actually conserve fire, making this wayyyyy worse.
7. It's right after a really annoying section where you have to hid behind little barriers or, oops, INSTANT KILL DUE TO ASTEROIDS!

gently caress that entire section.

You forgot point 8. They make you do it a second time later on.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Action Tortoise posted:

i think it's doable; the game borrows from tf2's template after all. it's just that i've never really seen any team i've played naturally coordinate their moves to make pushes. and the successful teams are the ones who realize they need to pick up their appropriate roles. everyone i've had to play with just wants to cap the flag but never defend theirs.

CTF was pretty bad in TF2 as well, and it's even worse in overwatch because of the smaller team sizes

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Danaru posted:

I don't know who that is :confused:

I would take that as a complement, hbomberguy is cool

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Ashsaber posted:

Something in Dishonored 2 really broke my suspension of disbelief. at the start of the... sixth? mission you enter the area through a sewer style tunnel in a boat. Then you go up ~20-30 feet and exit to see a sweeping vista of the city. And many hundreds of feet below is the ocean, where your little skiff came from. I still have no idea how that was supposed to work.

If you look up in thee city in some parts you'll see a bunch of tubes so it's less a sewer more an aqueduct.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Smash bros 4 as well, thats a pretty good one

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Somfin posted:

Nier: Automata has no autosaving.

On PC, crashes and softlocks are a problem.

This is not a Somfin-friendly combo.

Still love the game but that particular thing really, really pissed me off.

Are they? I've played 20 hours and haven't had a single crash or softlock on PC.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Anarky did nothing wrong

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Action Tortoise posted:

yakuza 0 blocks off recording parts of the game where you're competing against a character in a substory. you're basically doing a more simplified version of karaoke or an arcade game, but against the game and not another person. it is so baffling to me why it does that.

i think atlus blocking off the entire game is dumb and will set a bad precedent, but i also think it's dumb that this controversy is gonna overshadow the game.

Are any of the Karaoke bits licensed music? That would probably be why

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Tim Schafer taught me an important lesson about early access games with space base df9. I'm still pissed about it.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

Ridiculous Fishing by Vlambeer (Nuclear Throne, Luftrausers) is the rare phone game that is an actual game and not an ant farm with a bunch of meters you throw money at to watch them fill up faster. For $2.99 with no ads or in-app purchases I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of it and would totally recommend it for anyone looking for a fun, arcadey game.

Except for these fuckers:

For anyone who hasnt played the game, the basic gameplay loop of Ridiculous Fishing is:

1.)Tilt your phone to manuever your fishing lure as deep as possible without touching any fish
2.)When you do finally hook a fish the line gets reeled in and you have to try and catch as many fish as possible on the way up
3.)When you hit the surface the inertia sends the fish flying in the air and you use your gun to shoot them out of the air, which gives you money you can use on upgrades to go even deeper next time

One of the wrinkles the game adds as you go along is that levels start being filled with jellyfish which make you lose money when caught, so you want to avoid catching them or shooting them but even if you bag a few it's no big deal. The problem with Clone Jellies is that not only are they effectively unkillable but every time you damage one it not only makes you lose money but it also instantaneously splits into two identical Clone Jellies. And each of those Clone Jellies can in turn split the second the spawn into existence. So between the rapidly moving camera of the shooting segment and the fact that most of your guns are full-auto or have area of effect all it takes is a single bad swipe of your finger and you have a screen full of jellyfish and no money.

It's one of the few enemies that is made even worse by your upgrades, because most of your upgrades are offensive in nature (like a chainsaw lure that lets you cut through fish or a toaster on your line that automatically kills the first enemy you touch and can be further upgraded to kill everything on screen when activated) so when you're fully upgraded a brush against a Clone Jelly can burn through all of your defensive items and send you hurtling back to the surface through a screen full of freshly-spawned jellyfish.

I can't believe they remade the fishing minigame from donkey kong country https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMuPBXNcUVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Adam Vegas posted:

Shinies were in Pokemon from Gen 1. In fact that was the only gen where they were better than normal Pokemon (stat wise)

They were gen 2, couldn't be gen 1 because those were released before the Game Boy color. Be kind of weird to have a shiny in monochrome