Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Cleretic posted:

..Something I only realized because I've gotten to the expansion, and oh my god Matthew's a loving idiot. This guy's the exact opposite of the main game's cast in ability to understand new information; he can literally have every single member of the cast explain something blatantly obvious to him, and still refuse to understand it to the point where he starts a boss fight that only exists because Matthew refuses to take in the facts when they're plainly in front of him.

Counterpoint: Matthew is great and I love him, A too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Read After Burning posted:

The worst thing about Skyrim to me was how the home-building DLC was ruined by the "decorations" consisting of a bunch of dead rabbits hanging around! "Nice cozy kitchen, how c- JESUS loving CHRIST!"

I can't remember how I got around it, I think I replaced the models with something else.

Is there some other place to put the rabbits you hunted for dinner?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Read After Burning posted:

Huh, what's wrong with New? lovely writing, or something else (performance issues, etc)?

Calling it lovely writing is an insult to poo poo, it feels like the writers looked at the cliffnotes of Tales and Borderlands 3 and went "Nah, we can do better".

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Captain Hygiene posted:

I wish there was a mercy rule that would just end things if half the team drops out.

There is, if someone leaves in the first half of a match then the game ends after a few seconds, in the second half though? Nope.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

credburn posted:

Wonder how the inevitable future Assassin's Creed handles 9/11

Escape from the Twin Towers would make for a good setpiece mission.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Lobok posted:

For a game called God of War I find it a little tedious for the main character to be so hand-wringing about kicking some rear end.

The last time he kicked rear end without thinking he left all of Greece in ruins.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Captain Hygiene posted:

Mostly I just feel bad because I threw $25 at it sight unseen, never even considering that it might not be like all their other single player campaigns.

A lot of people did this in the Splatoon community, and I know I shouldn't laugh, but I did.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Dienes posted:

Wonder how much of that is to hide loading.

All of it, its a pretty classic way of doing things.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

credburn posted:

Nioh 2: This game expects way too much of me. I have to handle like 8 weapons, three stances, two attacks + ranged attacks, weapon swapping, locking and dodging, parrying and on top of all that some kind of action-reload gimmick I don't quite understand. I just don't have it in me :(

Good news then, you can beat the entire game and all DLC's by using a single weapon type and stance, the game isn't as strict as it looks.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Dead Rising 3 is that way. When it released folks were upset that the "72 Hour Mode" timer isn't real and only progresses after story missions, so the devs added a "Nightmare Mode" that restores the passage of time. But it's still way slow, so you end up milling about chewing up zombies with your flaming steamroller until a mission shows up.

The funny thing is I have that issue for most of Dead Rising 1 and all of 2, but here's the deal, that's because I know where to go at all times so I naturally became highly efficient, 3 toning it down and 4 removing it killed the entire point of the series.

I don't care if it stressed people out, that's WHY it was good, it forced you to move your rear end and if you messed up then that's ok, you can just try again.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Spend all day punching chaos and that can stress someone out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Necrothatcher posted:

It's been a year or two, but I gotta say I don't remember the hero in Stranger of Paradise being "a good and pure-hearted man..."

Jack is a pretty good dude, he just wants to find Chaos and also knocks Princess Sarah out so he can get her to safety when she's too busy arguing with him, it's only a "hell yeah domestic abuse!" angle if you are a complete idiot.