Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Philippe posted:

gently caress, in particular, the little stone imp guys.

Check your throwables to see if any of them can help with the little imp shits

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Crystal+Dart the crystal darts can sort of short circuit them and shut them down. Works on the giant stone dog statue bosses too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Picked up Rage 2 on the cheap because I remember liking the first one well enough but 2 has way, way too many " skill points" to keep track of.

just off the top of my head we have project points, data pad points, weapon points, weapon mod core points, nanotrite points, map points and auto part points.

I am liking the game much more that I've unlocked more combat moves. It does another thing open world type games do that drag it down and that's locking key moves or abilities behind some map marker or quest. I get that it's an easy way to make people explore your map but lots of encounters seem like they are designed around you having abilities unlocked but there's a good chance you don't have them all at the time, unless you just spend the first 2 hours of the game going from map point to map point then decided to try and fight. Every enemy seems to be wearing 3 or 4 layers of armor, so much that you spend an entire clip at point blank range just to strip a layer off. There is an ability to " force push" armored enemies but you have to be within kissing distance or it just doesn't work , so you have to wait 10 seconds for the cool down to recharge. Lots of the armored enemies are melee, so if your'e more than 2 inches away when you try to strip their armor and miss, they bash you in the face with a bat. The dash is incredibly useful, especially since if you stop for a second every enemy withing 100 feet of you throws 3 grenades at you.

For being 3 or 4 years old though the game looks amazing. The soundtrack is also really, really good.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone is Far Cry 6 ever say something like "pretty crazy someone nuked Montana a few years ago" ?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

One of the DLCs implies that Pagan Min, from the fourth game, is the one who has nukes targeting Montana.

Wouldn't America just flatten Paganministahn if they launched nukes at Montana? What possible motive could he have for nuking Montana? It's like if Madagacar invaded New Mexico.Why am I spending more time thinking about this then the writers did

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Oh man I haven't thought about NOLF in a long time, I think the last time I played it was when I was 15? I remember it being really good, does it hold up?

Because of a weird clause in their trademark or something you can download them for free. I won't link to it because it's kind a legal grey area but it's not hard to find.

I picked them up a few years ago ( because the rights are a mess and they aren't on Steam) and they hold up pretty well. The stealth mechanics show their age, but other than that no real complaints. In the second game some of the larger areas can be hard to navigate but the trailer park tornado sequence was still pretty cool even though I wasn't a stone 14 year old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bossy lady posted:

I just beat megaman legends 1 and 2 for the first time and what's dragging this game down is that capcom will never make megaman legends 3 and finish the loving story.

Also legit copies of misadventures of tron bonne cost an insane amount of money.

Way back in the day a friend of mine traded in a copy of Misadventures of Tronn Bone so he could afford a copy of Ninja: Shadow of Darkness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCDJ9gydmto