Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Accordion Man posted:

The whole romancing your party members concept is also ripped apart with the fact that you're actually unconsciously mind-controlling them all to stay with you due to the sheer power of your Force abilities. The Exile is practically turning all the party into your usual cast of RPG sycophant party members in-universe. It's really neat they actually played with gameplay elements like that.
Something that dragged down the Mass Effect series for me was definitely being spoiled by that reveal in KotOR II. For three loving games, I was nursing a pet theory that Shepard's original exposure to the beacon on Eden Prime would somehow manifest in a subliminal indoctrination field around her to inspire such feverish loyalty in her crew.

But nope. Shepard is just awesome enough to inspire people that way, I guess. :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Croccers posted:

Crippling Police for life is slightly better than murdering them! :eng101:
Oh my God, it literally is Person of Interest: The Game. :allears:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

To use your melee attack, press the [tiny icon of a fist] button.
Man, I will never forget Skyping with my friend while he played Mercenaries 2 on the PC for the first time, and listening to him promptly freak the gently caress out while hijacking a helicopter, where he was presented with a prompt of a foot icon during the QTE.

:byodood: "IT SAYS TO HIT FOOT. WHAT THE gently caress IS FOOT. I'M HITTING EVERY SINGLE KEY, AND NONE OF THEM WORK. WHAT DOES THE FOOT MEAN."
*falls to his death upon failure*
:raise: "This game is bullshit, yo."

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Jaramin posted:

The "an alien is talking" sound clips from KOTOR make me turn off the sound whenever I need to have a long conversation with one. I would rather sit through a million badly animated conversations with real words than hear AGGABAGAWAHHH on repeat ever again.
"Moocha chacka packa? Sawinga colony!"

That line of stock dialogue will forever be burned into my brain. I can still hear it. :shepicide:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I've been binging on Arkham City for the past few days, cleaning up a lot of my leftover Riddler challenges and trophies for lack of better things to do at the moment... but by far, the worst part of the game for me is that it always makes me sad when I go to play as Catwoman (or switch back to Batman), because I know deep down in my heart that this is as close as we'll ever get to a full-fledged Catwoman game that isn't shaped from a pile of poo poo.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Dark Souls II... literally everything about the Blue Sentinels. God, it is just the worst. I've played about seven different characters to the endgame, and probably clocked at ~least~ a hundred hours total (blind guess, I'm bad at math). And yet, to this day, I have only ever gotten summoned as a blue phantom once. Three times, if you count two other occasions where I used blue cracked eye orbs to invade someone. But that was back near launch. As of late, I can't even seem to get that to work either. I've tried going to every area in the game just to pop an orb, and always get "unable to find a world to invade" immediately.

And yet, to complete the covenant, I have to rack up 500 victories. Compared to something semi-reasonable like the Dragon Remnants, who only have to do 50 or so. So yeah, I'm literally never going to get that off my checklist.