Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Speaking of Just Cause 3 & 2 & Mad Max and probably a lot more open world games, what drags them down for my is that you can only have car chases/battles with the player in 1st place. Even trying to brake to swing around behind them has them slow down to a crawl, and in some games jumping on to their so you can shoot does that same thing.It seems like the AI's only response to being in front of the player is to stop the car and go out to shoot and it really stops a lot of fun things from happening in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Inco posted:

I hated Origins because, in addition to the combat being not nearly as tight as City, the upgrade tree and enemy introductions were terribly thought out. None of the cool or functional upgrades were available until you put 10 upgrades into health and armour, so none of the combo moves were available until a ways into the game. The devs also introduced more advanced enemy types earlier, when the player doesn't have the tools to deal with those. I never got past the Final Offer in the beginning of the game because there was a large melee combat with 3 bladed weapons in the mix, and they just shredded me because I wasn't able to destroy the weapons, and for some reason the counter for the blades just wasn't working for me.

RareAcumen posted:

Oh poo poo, that was one of the points I wanted to bring up! Yeah, Origins forces you to take extra gun and melee armor before you're allowed to actually put points into the abilities that actually do anything like the combat boost and multi-takedown.

Also, the weapon break combo is locked behind a sidequest you can't complete until like 60% of the way through the game or something obnoxious like that.

They chose the wrong solution but they had to do something because there really was a problem with the other way of doing it. Number upgrades are boring so few players of the earlier games would actually get the health upgrades over the new cool abilities, so they would get into situations they couldn't complete without trying for ages because they didn't have any margin for error. The actual solution to that is to not have new cool skills & stat upgrades be bought with the same currency. They should just have every new skill also give a small amount of extra HP, or have health upgrades be available through a separate upgrade system.

Diablo-style games often make the same mistake where boring number upgrades and cool abilities are bought with the same points, IIRC Grim Dawn is worse than most since it actually has separate stat points on level up but you actually get more stat upgrades from spending skill points. Also spending points to be allowed to buy the actually interesting stuff is the worst.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Triarii posted:

Yeah, the Wolfenstein executions are beyond useless and will almost always get you killed - no idea what they were thinking to not at least make you invulnerable during the animation. But in either case I think I would rather just shoot things to death and stay moving, especially in a game that's all about fast movement like Doom.

They really should have made it clearer that you can turn around and use the enemy as a human shield during the animation, not that it would have been enough but it would surely have helped.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

0 rows returned posted:

In Dying Light, why are the side quests so much better than the main story? Why did I care more about Tolga and Fatin's retardedness over the course of the main game and the following than any of the main characters I was supposed to feel bad for, despite seeing both for roughly the same amount of time?

I imagine its because the main story is dedicated to being a checklist cliche mess and the side quests are a break from that.

Doesn't help that some characters just disappear from the main story for no reason.

It's a common problem in games, I think it's because they expect you to care about the main quest so don't do anything to actually make you care, while the opposite is true for side quest since there has to be a reason for you to not just skip them. Also sidequest are generally shorter so they aren't dragging on for 10 hours after they really should have been solved.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

darkwasthenight posted:

Yeah, I really missed the old dodge button in firefights for that extra movement. It's not really a cover shooter but just zipping around constantly will get you killed pretty quick, so I don't know how they're expecting you to play? Got really sick of the police stations really quickly too.

They are expecting you to play it with hit-and-run tactics, like zip-kick a guy & while doing that you kill two others with a shotgun then throw a grenade and zip out. You regenerate health pretty quickly so by the time you've manoeuvred around and are coming in again you should be at decent health. Also generally you can prioritize your actual objectives & blow everything up instead of killing everyone first.

My own issue with JC3 is that one of the Blast challenges after 2 years still has an invisible wall in front of the target so you have to make some awkward jumps at breakneck speed and hope you did everything perfectly to have a chance of getting even close to the required score. If I wasn't using JC3 as my podcast game I would have given up on getting 5 gears on every challange.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I had no idea this build even exists. Don't bosses take forever plinking away with arrows?

Honestly stuff like this is my problem with the Dark Souls games, how the gently caress would you know that something isn't viable at a later point without either checking a FAQ/Wiki or going so far into into the game that the increased cost for buying stats is prohibitively high, making changing spec really expensive & even if respeccing is possible it's not advertised or easily know about without once again checking FAQs . I mean you could of course buy items etc. for temporary buffs, but those are bought with the same currency as permanent stat upgrades so you are kinda hosed that way as well. A lot of what I've seen of the Souls games mechanics are very discouraging of experimentation since the punishment for failure is so high. Better to read a FAQ or play the entire game with your shield up, it might be boring but at least you wont get screwed over.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Der Kyhe posted:

...But you should make fun of the Japanese game companies, who still keep designing games for Japanese-only audiences, and keep painting themselves into corners like this. Literally everyone else in the world has no problems making text-switching or video dubbing work, but I guess thats just the way the dishonorable bignose foreigners do so they cannot do that.

Sadly odd restrictions related to voice overs isn't unique to Japanese developers, it just shows in different ways. The most common thing is long running series abruptly changing important VAs because the devs are fascinated with the idea that the VA should also do all the motion capture(ignoring that those are quite different skills).

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Digirat posted:

Odds are the PC port will run well on good hardware, but don't expect any kind of playable mouse and keyboard controls. if you paid me a fuckton of money to personally design good M+KB controls for that game, I don't think I could do it, and at a bare minimum it would require rewriting the controls on a weapon-by-weapon basis which they aren't going to do

I haven't played the game so I might be really wrong but I looked up the manual for MH:W and honestly none of it would be hard to turn into workable KB+M controls. You'd want to split some of the actions into multiple buttons instead of overloading them like on a controller just so they conform with "standard" PC controls. What has me worried is that they seem to only be considering the PC version after the console version was done, when implementing stuff like alternate controls, graphics options etc. like a lot of accessibility stuff is easier and cheaper to do right when planned for early so you don't have to rip out and change stuff you've hardcoded based on old assumptions.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Schubalts posted:

Weapon stats have been a thing, but I think the full RPG skill trees debuted in Origins.

Nah, I think the RPG skill tree and weapon levels were both introduced in Unity. But yeah, one of the Ezio games started having stats which meant the weapons were pretty samey instead of having different purposes like in the first game.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Yardbomb posted:

Hugely successful and well loved game Persona 5 has a boss gauntlet before the true ending that's straight up Uriel, Raphael, Gabriel and then Michael, the archangels. :v:

Yeah, but no one cares enough to get mad about stuff past the first hour of a game. The only thing people got really mad about with Persona 3 was the shooting yourself in the head with a gun thing, not playing Pokemon with religious figures. Same with pretty much any other game, unless someone brings it up nothing is going to happen, these groups aren't going to go digging on their own.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Vic posted:

Like the assumption the devs are racist is pretty bonkers but I guess here we are.

When the lead dev & studio founder walks around game conventions with a T-shirt supporting known and convicted racist murderer Varg Vikernes(also apparently bad musician and RPG designer), it's not bonkers to think he might be racist. Even ignoring his outspoken gamergate support.

Hel has a new favorite as of 18:14 on Mar 3, 2018

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Len posted:

They make traversing the empty field that is Hyrule faster when you haven't triggered more fast travel points.

Because giant empty world = super fun time right guys?

I feel like far too many open world games are designed as if we were still using old style maps for overland travel, instead of having to move around in the world. So they end up very empty with small islands of actually interesting bits, and there are no longer any weird random encounters to break it up. I feel like games like GTA or Euro Trucker get away with it a tiny bit because navigating around traffic needs you to be a bit involved and it breaks up the monotony of just going full throttle in a pretty much straight line. It's also why I never like the movement powers in Saints Row 4 you just move in a straight line jumping & flying over everything.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Didn’t Activision release a fairly bad hd port of their Deadpool game and sell it at full price?

I think they just rereleased the existing PC version at full price when the movie came out. The one that was removed from stores a years before.

Hel has a new favorite as of 09:07 on Mar 12, 2018

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Convex posted:

At least with older PC games the retail DVD actually has an installer so you can still play it without any problems. Newer games just have a Steam key so second hand copies are worthless and sooner or later it's impossible to get hold of a delisted game without going on some dodgy Russian website

Yeah, it's pretty sad that we have to rely on :filez: for games preservation even for legitimate stuff. The Swedish Royal Library aims to preserve a copy of every Swedish game and I think you are still legally required to send a copy if you make a game, but since 2015 they don't have the legal right to preserve digital only games, so even they are kind of hosed in that department.

Hel has a new favorite as of 13:03 on Mar 12, 2018

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Also I don't think the traditional 3-D platformer is as popular anymore as the contextual platforming of Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Prince of Persia, etc.

These days they are third person shooters/brawlers with mostly on-rails platforming sections instead of platformers with occasional combat sections. And honestly it's a shame because a lot of the old games have QoL issues that make them hard to go back to but that type of game isn't really made any more.
I feel like 2d platformers are also going in that direction a bit. Iconoclasts felt really off to me because tools and weapons were the same thing, but they were balanced for combat so if you hosed up a jump you had to stands still and wait out the cooldown before you could retry. And while there are "pure" platforming games like Celeste they often feel like too inspired by "masocore" in a way that doesn't interest me.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Leavemywife posted:

Is it just me, or does the first Devil May Cry feel a little clunky? It's an older PS2 game, but I remember Dante moving a hell of a lot smoother than he does. Then again, I haven't really played it since it came out, so I'm not really qualified to make a true judgment.

One thing that is driving me crazy, though, is how any of the guns don't seem to really have much oomph behind them. I'm currently using the grenade launcher, since it does the most damage, but it feels really anemic all the same.

The series didn't get good until 3 though looking back you can see the start of it on 2, seriously Itsuno deserves more credit for the DMC series than Kamiya does, since he led the team that developed the only good games in the series.
It's also why platinums games don't really do much for me, since they don't have much in common with the good DMC games.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Thin Privilege posted:

I also wonder is the Arabic in this game is the same nonsense non-words like Russian in many games (and movies). People ask me what they’re saying and I have to disappoint them and say, “nothing.”

Games are infamously bad at Arabic and anything even closely related, so it's fair to assume anything in games that might be Arabic is nonsense.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Rampant Dwickery posted:

The control scheme in PoE is just wonky as hell no matter which way you turn it. I've had to do a complete hotkey revamp on it just to give it some semblance of user-friendliness, and there are still craptastic design choices that bug me.

Maybe it's just me - did all isometrics throw their control scheme across the keyboard before now? Because it feels like you have to have three hands to work this game properly.

Most old games in general had pretty bad default control schemes (IIRC Deus Ex expected you to reload with ","). Isometric RPGs are generally slow they could still get away with having keys all over the keyboard because it meant they could make sense. I for inventory, C for Character and L for log is pretty easy to remember even if they are far apart.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Dewgy posted:

You’ll probably hear this a million times but 👏don’t👏stick👏to👏cover👏in👏Uncharted👏1👏!

This is true for pretty much any modern third person cover shooter, due to the way they handle the camera and bullet physics it's much better to manually take cover and poke your gun out to kill people than using the cover system that exposes you to danger. IMO We really should go back to the old style of third person camera where it's centred horizontally.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Somfin posted:

Thankfully none of the Bad Parts of Hellblade last long enough to seriously dampen the experience as a whole, and the good bits are that much brighter because of them.

Learn the counter->heavy and keep it close to your heart.

Sadly I have to disagree personally, the bad parts really killed the experience for me so much that I didn't bother to finish it. The bad parts were mostly the puzzle where the solution seems to pretty much always be "slowly take the longest route between point A and B" or the fact that a game about a disability couldn't even get subtitles right, most are missing and the ones that exist are wrong or mistimed, even some necessary game info is voice only.

Also unless they patched it the best combo for non-Focus enemies is the Dodge->Attack->cancel into Dodge -> repeat since in kills quickly and makes you functionally invincible. So unless you run out of focus and need to risk a parry there is never any real risk in combat even locked on hardest.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Erotic Wakes posted:

MGSV has one of the biggest innovations of the entire series if not last console generation in that it gets away with codec calls entirely and replaces them with cassette tapes that you can listen to at your leisure as you play and which you have full control over and even automatically resume playback when you resume them later. Being able to listen to them as you actually play the game instead of having to slam on the breaks and watch two literal talking heads completely changes the experience for the better and it's really frustrating that so many people straight up ignored them and then complained that the game didn't have enough story content or complained that the cassettes should have been full cutscenes.

Man, the cassettes where the worst thing(not really but they were pretty bad) they were mostly just bad audio logs that often didn't connect in any way to what you were doing at the time. Putting the controls where they were was a pretty inaccessible choice so a lot of the time you are choosing between standing still doing nothing or having the tape being drowned out by enemies or even your buddies going "look a gunship" for the 187319837129837th time. I feel like MGS4 did it better with it's iPod because it was part of the regular item menu.

Hel has a new favorite as of 08:23 on Jun 12, 2018

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Futuresight posted:

Dragon's Dogma is dragged down by its flat damage reduction armour system. Those lizards that hosed you up would probably be easy as poo poo in like 2 levels and a better weapon because they're reducing flat damage so you do almost no damage to them and then suddenly get absurd damage gains as soon as you're over the threshold. Then if your armour gets higher you can cut their damage down to chip damage. It just makes for a game of small windows where enemies are both challenging and not tedious as gently caress.

It's fun during those windows (and if your enemy is not immune to your main damage type) but there's a lot of annoying bits to it.

And if the enemies are in the right window the bosses aren't and vice versa. Last time I played it I hosed around with CheatEngine so that I could adjust my attack power on the fly and keep both bosses and enemies interesting.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

All this talk about Warframe made me replay Dark Sector and I really wish we'd gotten a sequel to that instead.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Morpheus posted:

The last, uh, fifth or so of Assassin's Creed Origins kinda fucks up the pacing of the game. At the beginning of the game, you're given a couple people to kill. Then you're given a few more, because obviously. All of these involve going at your own pace, going around the open world and eventually making your way to the region/quest that deals will assassinating these people. They each have their own goals for the region, their own sort of style of rule (one person controls the region through poison, one through power in the shadows, that sort of thing). Then the game starts throwing names at you, jumping from place to place and using timeskips (small ones, but fading to black and starting in another location nonetheless). Then you're told to kill some people, you kill a person, another person gets away, there's actually another person leading them that was never mentioned before, someone with no background or existence before this point, you kill him, then you jump to another character for a weird, bad reverse denouement where you kill the other guy who got away who isn't a leader or anything, just a loose end, murder a ruler out of nowhere and then it just sorta...ends.

It was really weird and disjointed, given the flow of the rest of the game. The structure was so strange and rushed, and the very final assassination just came out of nowhere and playing as Aya for it felt so weird. Really didn't like it as a whole.

The level system also makes the pacing really odd, especially at the end as a well. You are hot on the heels of the man who murdered your son and he's killing everyone on his way, time to go do sidequests for a few hours so you are actually at a level where the quests are possible.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Sid Vicious posted:

A modern sequel was announced at E3

Did they finally realize it's pretty dumb to follow up a 10 year cliffhanger with a prequel that focuses on what was ~10min of gameplay in the original game and make it an actual sequel?

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Drunken Baker posted:

The game's lead designer turned the Prince into his own self insert giving him the same lovely tribal tattoos he had. Hahah.

Warrior Within was pretty edgy but IIRC it was actually the opposite, He got the lovely tribal tattoos after they were put on the character because he liked them that much. It's kinda odd how despite having the literal dark prince, The two thrones
is way less grimdark than WW.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

What? Is having pedophiles in you main cast a good thing now? Is that the actual reason people love MGS: Peace Walker because most of the cast are creeping on someone they think is underage?

Seriously the thing dragging down every MGS game after 3 is that they really upped the sexual creep factor. PW had that, 4 had Snake try to look up women's skirts and gave you a button to molest enemies, 5 had rape on tape and vagina bombs in addition to Quiet.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

BiggerBoat posted:

Fair enough. Not telling people what to like. I loving hated it.

Did you go into it expecting a fighting game or an adventure game? because it's very much the latter, it just uses martial arts for theme and story instead of mechanical focus.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Now I feel like a weirdo. Isn't this how you press multiple buttons at the same time?

Are you people also going to tell me I'm wrong for using both index and middle finger for the shoulder buttons and triggers instead of just the index one?

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Morpheus posted:

A lot of personas questions in class have to do with obscure Japanese poo poo. Like a kind of Japanese poem, some historical Japanese figure, even one about a kanji or something if I remember right. I always just look them up because eff that.

Requiring specific cultural knowledge isn't exclusive to Persona or even Japanese games, Lesuire Suit Larry had some age gating questions that were very US centric like :

quote:

Thomas Eagleton was dropped from the 1972 Democratic National Ticket when knowledge of his previous _____ treatments became known.

quote:

Kookie's address was?

quote:

It is customary to tip about x%

quote:

A W-4 is?

And personally as a non-american I'd rather they keep the original cultures niche knowledge than changing it to some other foreign one when translating a work.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

RyokoTK posted:

Everyone thought that was kind of weird and unnatural but isn’t AC Origins like way better for it?

Honestly Origins is probably the worst one mechanically, you spend a lot of time just sitting on your mount and auto travelling, the parkour system is way simplified and really no different from walking on the ground and they made combat really complex and bullshit and the levelling system is bad and kills the pacing every time. Of course none of those things would have been affected by the rate-a-quest system but it's not like the quests in Origins are different from the earlier games, it's still "start quest->go somewhere far away-> kill everyone ->go back" except you have to sit on your horse doing nothing instead of freerunning around.

Honestly I hate open world games starting the missions across town from where you actually start doing anything, especially the ones without cars since it just takes ages to walk over there and fast travel is usually disabled.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

kazil posted:

So, like, the combat in Origins was more evolved but do you think it was actually "really complex"?

It's complex in that it has more moving parts , button presses, timing elements and equipment effects than the previous games did, I don't thinks actually good, they just bolted on a bunch of parts without considering if they actually improved anything.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

If the player character of Origins doesn't have any surviving issue, how are their memories relived?

Because in Origins you are digging directly into their memories instead of doing the whole descendant thing. The modern world part is you robbing their graves for corpse juice to plug into your memory machine.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Guacamelee got a lot of complaints about having a lot of memes and game references plastered all over the game(though I think one of the later versions toned it down) and the sequel keeps that up to its detriment. The sequel even has an area where they make fun of the complaints they got for the first game, but unfortunately they start that area off with loving pedobear, so instead of making fun of their detractors the entire area is turned into them defending lovely rape jokes.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Samuringa posted:

Some games lately have been going through the "Let the character do the lockpicking, which takes time and is silent" or "Bash down the door, which is quick and loud" route

I really liked the implementation in Hitman blood money, you had lockpicks which were silent and upgradable or you could just shoot the lock with any weapon and it it opened up immediately with no more noise than firing the gun did.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Danaru posted:

Wait like door locks too? :psyduck: I never once thought to try that

Iirc any lock that can be picked can be shot open, those that need keycards or specific keys can't.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

marshmallow creep posted:

Will people notice the damage and will that raise alerts?

Sadly no, bullet holes don't count as evidence either. But for a game that's 12 years old and also had to run on the PS2(it pre-dates the ps3) and 360 it still has some really impressive things.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Len posted:

I think the only part of the game I actively hated on replays was chapter 3. It was just walking forward through the streets of France, an on rail shooter, and then the boss fight. There was a lot of plot there but when you skip it a lot of the area is just gone.

The funny thing is that IIRC the tailing has lots of variations but they require you to fail at something that even someone who's pretty much brain-dead would succeed at, so no real player would actually see any of it.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

0 rows returned posted:

That's alright because the story of phantom pain is poo poo.

Most of it just Kojima repeating set pieces and plot elements from 4 but doing them worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Deified Data posted:

Yakuza 6 is a good game as far as games go but not a terribly good Yakuza game. I'd go so far as to say that it's fairly mediocre in the larger Yakuza canon. I have only played 4 onwards with 0 being the series peak, but I have no problem putting 6 at the bottom of that pile. It's an inferior game in every way but graphically.

Please tell me Kiwami 2 is more Kiwami and less 6.

Is 6 the one that ends with Kiryu just abandoning Haruka?
Honestly I feel pretty ok with only playing the PS2 games ,since it seems like the series moved the focus away from the things I liked in those.