Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RE4 Remake

It's a PS4 version issue but I swear Leon's eyebrows are so faint that I can barely notice them so it just looks like he has that massive caveman brow. Also you can't swap shoulders while you aim which is something that never feels great on the rare occasion I'm picking up a Third person shooter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yellow paint is a yet another point of contention but I hate all this modern handholding game design bullshit. I know they all do it because they think I'm an idiot, that's the only reason these decisions are made, I'm sure.

Weapons and armor A) Don't loving glow like they're a TF2 weapon with a killstreak effect attached to them and B)

Don't shoot beacons into the sky like they're a finale to a loving Marvel movie either! And who decided to put crosshairs on everything without my approval?

We don't just automatically obtain extra accuracy like that just because we're holding a gun! Who told them to count my bullets for me and what world are they living in where red barrels are just commonly full of explosives and more prolific than a Mcdonalds or Starbucks? Who's keeping track of my health all the time? How do they know that I only have 1276/2850 HP huh?! Are they in the Illuminati?!

And create your own rant over double jumping, impossibly deep inventories and being able to carry around more than two pistols that aren't accurately being shown on your character at all times, lives systems, powerups, any form of healing that isn't via medicine or going to a hospital like sitting behind cover/ eating food/ drinking some strange liquid, upgrade menus, and leveling up.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm always in favor of flatter world's in games. Mountains, hills, slopes, inclines, toss em all out I say.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Someone should make a nicer looking version of Progress Quest so I can accrue that sweet sweet EXP without getting stopped 20 minutes - 3 hours by a cutscene or dragged into a 3 minute side quest conversation.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blarghalt posted:

My favorite thing about the Tomb Raider remakes is the incredibly mediocre movie based on I think the first one because in that one Lara Croft is like a stick-thin 19 year old that's regularly strangling buff mercenaries to death somehow

They're all too buff, they can't reach behind themselves

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

All games should have exactly 10 firearms in them, mapping to the number keys. You carry all of them at once.

Huh, Serious Sam or Doomguy would probably break Helldivers 2's balance.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

bawk posted:

I'm just finishing the Dice Gambling place with Haruka in Yakuza Kiwami, and I'm turning the difficulty down to Easy. The best way to describe the combat in this game is "constantly in the way"

It's OK when it's random street thugs who you can style on in 20 seconds, but I have yet to have the "Eureka!" moment that suddenly unlocks this combat system being secretly good for long-scale fights. If you commit to any punch at all when there's multiple characters to fight, you will get dinged by some random mook and lose a huge chunk of your Heat bar. I've unlocked the abilities that let you immediately block after getting interrupted/immediately dodge after getting interrupted and they don't seem to actually do anything, no matter which style I'm currently using. If I get hit, I will press the dash button repeatedly while getting wombo-combo'd by two bosses, and then have to button mash to stand back up because they've also taken away all the Heat.

Some of the bosses are annoying like early Shimano and the Akai brothers as well as anyone who uses a gun but it's the same as any game, you hang out near them, get them to throw some punches or kicks into empty air and then punch them in the back of the head. Basic goons can't be a problem because even like, three punches and then the finisher in rush style is enough to knock basically everyone but bosses on their rear end. Otherwise, just use Beast around literally any object and keep mashing till the bikes, chairs, table, and whatever random object does the job.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

mycot posted:

It sounds fake because it is. You can't buy infinite crystals and you can't use crystals to Fast Travel in the way most people think of it.

Why is this coming up multiple times in one page.

It's crazy that people keep asking questions this easy to solve.

I myself have many mysteries that will be unsolved for years to come. Like 'How many quarter cups are in a liter's or 'Who's the talk show host that's always breaking his desk?' and 'What time zone am I in?'

No way to find these things out sadly.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Alhazred posted:

Reminds of the Last of Us where it's completely possible to miss the flamethrower.

Huh, maybe that's why the made the shotgun mandatory in 2.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Palworld and Pokemon are competing the same way that Burger King and Mcdonalds are.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cleretic posted:

No, that's too geographically close. They're competing in the same way Outback Steakhouse is competing with an actual Australian steakhouse.

Competing the same way Monster Hunter and Dave the Diver are.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

My citation for first hang glider was Sly Cooper 2

RareAcumen has a new favorite as of 10:20 on Apr 12, 2024

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

We still have not quite recovered from Todd Howard's unveiling of Skyrim. 'See that mountain? You can go there.' has done more damage to games than Ubisoft's tower map fetish.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tunic is a sick loving game but- if there is an item that does this and I just haven't got it yet then fair enough- I do wish there was something that chimed or buzzed or played a tune if I was on the intended path. I spend a lot of time backtracking not realizing that I was in the right area and just didn't go through the right doorway or that there was another one I hadn't seen.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

That was also a big problem with The Saboteur where too many missions were drive out to some random spot and then drive halfway across the map. More open world games need to steal the GTA/RDR thing of random world events.

Oooh, now that's a great idea. Breadcrumb the player into doing a bunch of small sidequests or stopping fights/gangwars and only noticing at the end that 'Oh poo poo, I crossed the entire map doing all that stuff and I'm like two blocks away from the next story mission now.' That'd be great.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Leal posted:

Thats a letter and a number

Sportsball

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Actually I think it's unfair that people who've been playing the game before me have stuff that I don't. Everyone should be at the same power level, like Street Fighter and Left 4 Dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cleretic was right, Helldivers should've started you with either a TF2 or DOOM style mini gun as your base weapon. And given it a bonus where enough teammates cooperating focused fire can break through shielded enemies if you dump enough rounds into it.