Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LaserBaconMan
Jan 13, 2014

Cleretic posted:

Ocarina of Time did pretty well with it, although as I recall that was actually a full cancelled game that was simplified and balled into something else. It was that 'throw everything at the wall and see what sticks' era, they didn't know better.

You know, I always see people praise Ocarina of Time's fishing minigame, but when I played it was just an overly long grind for a miniscule reward.
I just wanted a heart piece, not two hours of my life wasted. :negative:

Content:

In Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD, the developers tried to make the game feel as close to THPS2 as possible. For some reason however, they decided to not let you create your own playlist so you could avoid the lower quality songs. This is especially baffling because it was one of the most welcomed changes in the third game, and has remained a feature in all of the games since.

I want to listen to Goldfinger, not Lateef the Truthspeaker! :arghfist::qq:

Also most of the tracks exclusive to the HD version are absolute garbage

LaserBaconMan has a new favorite as of 00:14 on May 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaserBaconMan
Jan 13, 2014

That loving Sned posted:

Yeah, The Wind Waker should have allowed you to escape if you were spotted, rather than forcing you to do the entire section over again. However, the enemy you do fight without the sword teaches you about the weapons they drop and how to use them, or even using items like pots as weapons. It does seem a bit weird making you go through Orca's sword training, then not allowing you to use the sword for a long time. You get dumped on Windfall Island after the Forsaken Fortress without even a boss fight, so it's not until the first dungeon that you actually do a lot of combat.

Wind Waker HD actually does allow you to escape if you're spotted.

LaserBaconMan has a new favorite as of 02:05 on May 19, 2014

LaserBaconMan
Jan 13, 2014

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

Jedi Outcast. You're about to board the big evil dude's capital spaceship to stop him before he destroys... whatever it is he wants to do! You fight swarms of dark Jedi side-by-side with Luke Skywalker himself! You get ready to storm the craft...

And spend an hour sneaking through the clunkiest and most frustrating stealth section this side of Ocarina of Time.

Tiggum posted:

If that's the bit I'm thinking of, there is a super easy way to get past that bit, which is to place proximity mines at certain locations, then get spotted. Because what actually happens when you get spotted is that NPCs will go for the alarms, you only lose when the alarm is triggered. If they get blown up on their way to the alarm then you're in the clear. I only got through that bit by looking up a walkthrough that told me where to put the mines.

Or you can just get their attention, go to the alarm, break out your lightsaber and keep slashing. Nobody can go through you to reach the alarm and they don't bother firing at you. :allears:

The carnage. :black101: