Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I hated Morrigan because she was incredibly smug about you helping people when it was obvious that it would benefit you greatly to help them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
You would think at some point in the last few hundred years of fallout someone would have got a car working at some point.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Sociopastry posted:

I love RPG games. I love JRPG games, even if they're anime as gently caress. You know what I don't like? Playing through like 3/4ths of a game only to find out I've gimped myself by putting my skill points in poo poo that apparently doesn't have any effect on the game. I shouldn't have to research games before I play them just to make sure I'm not going to make the game unplayable for myself if I choose the wrong skill tree to want to play with.

I hate this to. I never pick anything but warrior builds in RPGs because it's usually simpler and I know that in those games straight fighting is always a viable option. I don't ever pick any kind of magic or thief builds because I'm afraid I'll like build a ice Mage the whole game then the last half of it everyone is ice immune or something.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Absolutely once I tried a thief dual wield build and the guy I created pretty much became a liability I had to work around

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I have some kind of weird love with unlocking stuff, I will play a game to unlock stuff well past the time it stops being fun and still have fun unlocking stuff. I agree that it could be annoying and a party mode thing sounds like a good idea on those kind of games.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

kazil posted:

I'm replaying Final Fantasy VII to get my old jprg nostalgia kick, and I have to say, the minigames really drag it down. Motorcycle riding, chocobo racing, snowboarding, pretty much everything has really lovely controls and isn't fun.

The dialog is also super terrible.

I always hated the mini games. Honestly I can't think of a time I ever really liked a mini game in a JRPG. The whole Gold Saucer thing was terrible to me, I never really got any of the big items from there.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

scarycave posted:

You usually have to do something bad before you can regret it.

Someone conflicted about their actions usually wouldn't just blurt out "DARE TO DEFY US?!" and kill someone without much provocation.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
When I was a kid I had years of fun exploring Daggerfalls nothingness.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I got Bound By Flame off of gamefly and i'm trying to play through it. I actually have enjoyed it so far and i'm at the end. Maybe its just me but I can not beat the final boss. I have gotten sort of close, I even had him down to about 10% health before I ran out of stuff. Theres no way to get any more and from what i'm reading online basically the only option it seems that I have is restarting from scratch and speccing better. I am not sure if I have the fortitude to do that though and i'm debating just sending it back.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

J-Spot posted:

As I was saying in the other thread, you may want to just drop the difficulty down to easy and tank your way through it. After playing that I wondered how anyone could ever beat that boss on the hardest difficulty so I looked up some Youtube videos. You basically have to spam him with about 600 arrows for 20 minutes.

Embarassingly enough I already did that, I think really I just didn't prepare, I only have enough supplies to make about a total of 50 arrows and 18 potions.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I hate it, I wish they could just put an option that's like "Nah don't want to"

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah I think you guys are crazy to think things are not cluttered in FO3 then New Vegas. You are right about the subways though. Those were terrible.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

mr. mephistopheles posted:

The sheer number of mediocre games that get a pass because their badly written knock-off wannabe Hollywood movie story is "so good" while a game like Alpha Protocol just kinda got slammed because the gunplay is wonky while having one of the deepest branching storylines ever done and actual meaningful choices is really frustrating.

Like Alpha Protocol has sold around 800,000 copies to date, whereas the new Tomb Raider gruesome outdoor death simulator sold over a million copies in 48 hours and has sold nearly five million copies total. Seriously, that game sucks, it's all linear and QTE bullshit and has none of the exploration or excitement that made the series popular.

I understand that Alpha Protocol is a well liked but this is pretty silly. I liked it but the gameplay is absolute poo poo, probably the worst gameplay of any game I can remember.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

muscles like this? posted:

An annoying thing about Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is how small the QTE indicators are. They can be kind of easy to miss if you aren't looking at that exact part of the screen right when it happens.

Also there's part of a mission where you're doing sniper support for you team that is assaulting a building and they don't really give you a good indicator of who you're supposed to shoot next so it can be a little too much trial and error.

I feel like there are a lot of parts in the game where I don't really know what i'm supposed to do. The orders given seem so vague that I just try different things and keep failing until I do it right. I can't think of any offhand but the one you mentioned I definitely had a problem with.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

muscles like this? posted:

The flipside is when they are clear on what you're supposed to do they expect you to do it right away and will keep harping on it until it is done.

Really the game needs more levels where you're just given a big area to operate in to let you actually use the Exo jump and such.

That's another problem I had. Most of the time your Exo suit was turned off and it pretty much played like a normal modern day shooter. It seems like a game that's big selling point was "futuristic weapons and armor" that levels would have been built around that.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I always considered Franklin the "main character". He is trapped between being dragged in the past by Trevor and Michael and trying to move forward.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah I've put hundreds of hours in fallout in sure and never once used the reloading bench. I just couldn't understand where to get the stuff like primer and lead.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah I never finished Alpha Protocol because of the gameplay. I really loved the branching storylines and all that but the gameplay is probably the worst of any video game I've ever played

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Quiet, here comes the mods

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
This isn't the games fault, but I really like to play Rogue Legacy and Spelunky on PS4. The only problem? I'm terrible at them. The level design and the platforming aspects are perfect but i'm just not very good. It took me about 2 months of playing Spelunky to even get to the forest part or wherever and I can never get in more than a few rooms on Rogue Legacy. I just hate that the games are fun to play and everything but im just terrible at them.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Dark Souls: Worst game ever?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I want a game like Dark Souls but with the controls from Octodad

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Mister Adequate posted:

What sort of liberal schools do your kids go to, that you think rape and genocide are appropriate topics for them?

video games are for children

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I was playing dragon age inquisition in front of my nephew and the part where they all sing that holy chant thing happened and let's just say I've never blushed because of what a 9 year old thought of me until tonight.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I pretend i'm playing the guy that chokes Lara Croft when you lose the QTE.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah my highest intelligence I've ever played with In new Vegas was 8 and that time I had so many skill points that I was putting them into stuff I would never use after all the useful ones were 100

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Minecraft has always been fine to me the way it was because it felt like the drawbacks actually add to the game. I am not a big minecraft fan or anything but it feels like the rudimentary gameplay is supposed to force you to be creative in how you play it which is the point of the game.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Esroc posted:

Yeah, if you don't finish the quest and let it sit in your journal forever. By that logic the conclave technically doesn't go nuclear if you never click "new game" at the main menu.

What? No I choose the option to leave him and never heard anything else about it and had no quest in my quest log about it.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I didn't see the reveal coming but at the end of the day I thought it was dumb because it didn't matter and actually made everything seem even dumber.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I don't see how following along a map to a certain point can be hard for anyone. How do you guys even navigate menu's to get to the game?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Everyone now agrees. Batman Arkham Knight: a bad game.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Izumi Konata posted:

I GLITCHED THE poo poo OUT OF FFVI
by using the paint glitch on gau as he was returning from jumping into a dragon on the veldt.

My inventory had so many daggers one would think i should open up a distribution hub for a series of dagger franchises. i had :frogout::ironicat: dirks, and liek a million magicites. Terra became the final boss, but acted just like Terra always does.

I was a stupid tween espousing dated paradigms which even now I tend to gravitate towards. I have a Mississippi state flag covering my streetward window, and still think FFVI is the best tech-based game ever, and Chrono Trigger is the best game for feels. If SA were around when Pokemon became popular, the missing number surf glitch would ruin the poo poo out of it, and only asinine rear end in a top hat and snotnosed tweens would play it. Dissect a frog, and it is only a dead frog.

I don't get it

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I'm one of those people that has to run through every side quest in open world games and Witcher III is really killing me for it. There's so much to do and I'm only in the first area (after the tutorial) and have no way of telling if something is my level or not.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Oh I know when they are out of my level range but not until I get all the way there, then I can't tell the difference between what I've done and what I skipped because of it being to high level.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Photux posted:

If you are talking about quests in your quest log, those have recommended levels displayed. If you're talking about the points of interest marked on the map, then yes, you don't know what level they are until you go there, but you can tell which ones you've done and which ones you've skipped. If you complete a point of interest, it becomes grayed out on the map.

I remembered that in the tutorial and sometimes it looked like I could see it but once I had a bandit camp I had discovered but ran away because they were to high leveled and it looked greyed out too. I don't know if it really was or if I just couldn't tell but I wish they would originally have color or something on the icons so I could tell for sure if they were greyed out or not.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Its terrible forever

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I have come to accept that I can't complete everything in Witcher 3 before I go onto the main quest because of the different high level stuff that is interspersed with the low level areas. It kills me as someone who has to do every side quest but I moved past it. The only problem I really have with it now is that if you even used one potion you will have to eat an Alcoholist, I wish there was a way that you could meditate WITHOUT using an alcoholist, like some kind of option if I only used one potion or something but want to meditate to heal/make it day.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I haven't ever finished Alpha Protocol but I wish more games would do stuff like that honestly. I hate games where you just choose the good thing all the time until you get the good ending. I wish sometimes in games they would throw a curve where you try to do the right thing and it blows up in your face. It seems like even in games where they try to do that they always give you something extra you do as an out to make it good anyway.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I liked Shadows of Mordor but the thing that bothered me the most were so many skills were locked behind missions. To get all the skills you had to basically complete 3/4ths of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I am dumbfounded that there are still games being made today where you can't pause in the middle of cut scenes.