Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The terrible romances in Bioware games. I bought ME3 for ps3 but I cant play it when my girlfriend is home because its so intensly embarassingly bad. The Bioware writers should be shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Tiggum posted:

I don't remember a bright green one, but yeah, that looks like the sort of thing.

Most of them are fine, but the Asha one has that kill your evil clone section with all the killbots.

By not recognizing the indomitable Shako you have proven yourself An Owned Scrub Fucker In Perpetuity, please turn in your Cool Adult Sex-Haver card at your nearest self-ownage triage station.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I don't like that Arkham Knight is broken and it is impossible for me to finish it without starting from scratch and gambling that the same gamebreaking glitch doesn't happen again. 75 loving dollars :argh:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Ryoshi posted:

Yeah. I've played the poo poo out of most SMT games and loved them, but this is a whole other level of completely arbitrary. Plus the SMT games are backed by a very strategic battle system, whereas in YKW your monsters are basically on autopilot until you fill their soul meters and command them to use an ultimate attack (which you charge up by doing one of three little touchscreen mini games). There seems to be some strategy in your team arrangement and stuff but unless you run from battles all the time your dudes are so buff just from random grinding while looking for rare Yo-Kai that nothing is really a threat.

Plus the rarity of some of the dudes can't be overstated - there are some monsters I have seen ONCE.

The other issue is this: you can't target a specific enemy with an item to try to entice them to stay until the battle is already underway. You can toss an item before the battle starts but it goes to a random enemy. If you want to be sure to throw it at the ultra rare guy and not the dumb ninja you have six copies of already you need to start the battle and target the correct guy with the touchscreen, THEN throw an item at it. But if your monsters are too strong/fast they'll burn down the enemy you target almost instantly and you won't get to toss anything at all.

Sounds like a poo poo game friend.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Mister Adequate posted:

And there's some smaller ones around that are regarded well, like TiTS.

Not to mention the big TiTS!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Krinkle posted:

The reason being a mage doesn't work is magic doesn't do damage until you have like 50 arcane and collect the spells hidden around in the end game or DLC. Once you do that being a mage is the best. Until then you can use a flame sprayer and try to melt anything with hair I guess.

e: more darkest dungeon complaints.

I just lost a party of level 2s to a boss that was too hard for me. I try to come back with level 3s and spend solid minute picking up and dropping them into the party, which they promptly leave and tell me to gently caress off with this baby bullshit that is beneath them. I don't even understand what is going on. Get in the party. This boss killed your friends it's time to avenge them. Nope. Slips out of my fingers. I stare dumbfounded as comprehension dawns. Revulsion. This game is for people who aren't me. I don't know what a grognard is but this word feels about right.

There are apparently two ways to die in this game. One is to lose, the other is to win. You are only allowed to play if you are underleveled so the RNG has better than even odds of loving up your whole day. You are never allowed to come back with even one inch more allowance than they deem just barely enough. I extremely do not appreciate this design philosophy. They don't even scale down your character or make them play with a penalty. It's gently caress you i'm on vacation. Wake me up when I can go die in a mid level dungeon.

Man say what you will about Darkest Dungeon but the narrator kicks rear end.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Rare Collectable posted:

I got Tomb Raider in a sale the other week and I was enjoying it enough up until the last level when Laura's bow decided to stop doing it's grapple thing. Now I'm stuck on a platform and I can't go forward or backward because of autosave so I guess I'll either have to restart the game or watch the ending on youtube. This is worse than if I just hadn't played the game at all.

Something like this happened to me with Arkham Knight for PS4. One of the last story missions has you fighting the villain in a tank, but his tank spawned outside the map you're supposed to be fighting in. No known fix, multiple reinstalls and save-reverts helped gently caress all. Paid full price for a game that is literally impossible to finish.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

oldpainless posted:

I think Lara should have looked at the camera every 5 minutes or so and said "hey guys, keep me safe ok? I love you" and winked and then a branch could have gone through her throat.

:lol:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Sleeveless posted:

If you start up a game and it has two different types of currency with a + in the corner of each window that you can click to buy more then close it, uninstall it, and give it the lowest rating the platform will allow. No exceptions.

Dungeon Keeper for iOs...:argh:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

My favorite little thing dragging down phantom pain is after I did the mission where you rescue a mujahideen pow and he becomes your best friend, mother base autosorted him into one of the away teams as soon as he landed and he was instantly reported killed.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

My new favorite thing dragging down a game is how Dishonored: Definitive Edition doesn't let you turn off the speaker on the PS4 controller, and it's used sooo loving much holy poo poo

This is probably the worst feature in a game, in all time. In what conceiavble loving circumstances would this ever be a good and cool thing to do. After everyones gone to bed and I've smoked a bowl I do not want the terrible, sharp, static-ridden noise that loving speaker can make, I do not want the love of my life to wake up to the freakish loving alien sex noises made whenever you use a power, and honestly youre playing it wrong if you're not using powers all the time.

I honestly wish I could tell the person that first got the idea of putting a tiny lil babby speaker in a controller that would make ears bleed, that they are a bad person, like for real bad.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

SwissDonkey posted:

Hold down the ps button, you can turn the speaker off in the device settings

CordlessPen posted:

I'm not home right now to check, but I'm pretty sure there's a setting on the PS4 itself to have all audio come out of your sound system and basically turn off the controller's speaker.

Edit: Beaten, of course...

I wish i could hug the both of you

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Simply Simon posted:

It's the a free market with no regulations, so it's obviously perfect, you loving communist.

This just makes me remember how completely absurd Diablo 2's economy was...

Hello I would like to purchase your unidentified balrog skin for 450 soj's

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Locking your kids out of the newest phone game sensation because you're driving too fast would be the worst

Actually it would totally own.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Ryoshi posted:

I know this game came out a million years ago and I haven't been playing the console iterations in forever so I don't know if this is an ongoing thing or what but it sucks poo poo that in Mario Kart 8 there don't appear to be any dedicated battle stages - you just battle on the racetracks, which is lovely and boring.

It's crazy how Nintendo still manage to gently caress things up every time they release a new mariokart. Literally just remake mario kart 64 with new graphics and more maps, how hard can it be?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Just goes to show that catering to grognards is the worst possible decision, every time.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Action Tortoise posted:

every time he comes in a thread, everyone ends up sharing stories about him. he's like bill brasky but all of the tall tales end up owning him instead of building him up.

Really, the only story about MisterBibs that needs to be told is how he managed to gently caress up eating a hot dog so bad it literally almost killed him, twice.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The only good roguelike is minesweeper

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I bought Dark Souls 3 because I wanted to git gud and experience the Souls magic but it turns out I ain't gud. Is there like a coop function or something because I am the thing dragging down the game

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Well, gently caress.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Yeah I'm on PS4, so 3 is like my introduction to the series apart from watching my friend play through 1 back in the day. Spent about 2-3 hours on the "tutorial" boss and got to the high wall or whatever. Now I'm being clowned on by everyone and it stinks!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Maybe I'll give it the ol' college try tonight after everyones gone to bed! I'm Broplane on PSN if anyone wants to gently caress around or whatever.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Feonir posted:

The sooner you stop using a shield the better things go, shields are traps. It is universally better to dodge than to block, you take less damage, you lose less stamina and in the rolling animation you can queue attacks back, which is good for most bosses who are not locked into combos. Also keep your weight below 70% else you will fat roll and that is basically a death sentence.

Other few tips for DS games.

1) Armor means nothing.

2) Aggression > Evasiveness

3) DODGE

4) Don't get greedy, always save some stamina for emergency "oh poo poo" rolls.

5) All weapons are good and will do good, a good starting weapon that is better than the norm is the Astora Straight Sword, if you get a chance to make it Raw at the smith the Raw rear end will do you well for some time. (I am in no way kidding)

6) Comfort, find a weapon or style YOU are comfortable with, and enjoy using. You can try to emulate someone elses set up but if you can't use it comfortably you are going to get turned into kibble.

7) The fire keeper lady will emote back to you so bow to her every once in a while the girl could use a friend.

Pro tips all around. Thank you goons I have decided to not give up.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Those loving mandatory tank fights broke my PSN copy of Knight so bad its literally impossible to progress beyond a certain point due to the terrible pathing and spawning issues with the enemy drones. gently caress that game.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Yes.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Battlefront 2 is dragged down by having the worst publisher behind it. A lot has been said about loot crates and poo poo, which are horrible and bad, but the singleplayer campaign was also ruined by EA, which is a shame as its pretty good and I cant even remember the last time I played a big budget Star Wars single player story. It sucks that they so clearly had to cut out huge parts of the campaign to shoehorn in hero missions because the idiot masses cant recognize star wars unless it has Luke Skywalker in it.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

More battlefront 2, I fuckin love it but why the gently caress are you spawned into random squads each time you die, it makes it impossible to actually coordinate anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Digirat posted:

It changes your squad every time you die? Am I misreading this?

Yeah for some reason the spawn system works by having spawn waves every 10 seconds and it matches up whoever died into new squads in these waves. Its beyond retarded. Like, even if you party up with some friends you'd have to never die in order to stay in the same squad.

And yet despite its many, many flaws I love it. Guess I'm the retard here :smith: