Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Limb-shooting was sometimes effective; deathclaws were much less dangerous if you crippled their legs so they can't jump at you, shooting off a cazadores wings instantly turned them from one of the most frustrating deadly enemies in the game to a helpless bug, and targeting powerful weapons like miniguns and flamethrowers would force them to use something else and you could usually destroy the gun quicker than you could kill the bad guy holding it. Other than those really specific situations and a few others that probably exist but I can't think of them right now, though, yeah, it was better to just shoot for the head as many times as your AP allowed all the time.

Headshots were pretty much the way to roll in Fallout 1 and 2, except for when you fought bare-handed or in boxing matches and it was preferable to aim for the eyes until you blinded them and then you dickpunched them to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

ChaosArgate posted:

Ehhhhh there are some minor things like the fact that the mouse cursor always comes back for cutscenes or the fact that the game itself renders at no better than 720p and just upscales to go any higher. Aside from that though, it's a great port and goddammit people who don't have it go buy it right now it's like $6.

Discovered the upscale issue when I tried playing Revengeance on my TV and performance went to poo poo.

For what it's worth I found this thread on the Steam community page and downloaded this guy's homegrown fix, had it for a while and nobody's stolen my identity and my hard drive hasn't melted so it seems fairly legit:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/235460/discussions/0/630802344702757872/

Go nuts guys, the PC port of MGR is fukkin sweet on a 52" screen