Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Omne posted:

The Mountain stopped fighting the Hound when commanded by King Robert, why wouldn't he stop when commanded by Tywin?

Didn't he try to get in that last swing or two, though? The Hound was the responsive one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

monster on a stick posted:

Sansa's still in the best position she's been in since her dad got his head chopped off. Littlefinger is creepy as hell but he's also not going to let any harm come to her.

Nah, her time with Tyrion is the best time she's had since poo poo started getting real.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

the kawaiiest posted:

You have to stop thinking about this story as one with a single protagonist. They're all "the main character" of their own story arcs. Jon, Arya, Tyrion, Cersei, Jaime, Davos, Sansa, etc.

He said left to root for, as in he probably doesn't enjoy watching the stories of the other people as much.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
That and while they may have been hunted to [near] extinction in that continent, there are probably poo poo tons of them in the across the oceans. There have always been stories and sightings from far off lands, but they get discounted.

Also, they may have just migrated away during that big volcano explosion back in the day - the Time of Doom or whatever bullshit.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
But can we all agree that Terry Goodkind and his Sword of Truth series eats its own rear end in a top hat after a while, at least?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Oxxidation posted:

grrm's entire career consisted of setting up the exact same dominoes and then knocking them down until he finally, mercifully, ran out of ideas

Do you think he is kinda just hoping he will die soon so he doesn't have to finish the series?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ haha, yeah, 'What are Other bears' is the answer to that Jeopardy question there.

They should have spent some time dirtying him up. I don't understand why he's got zero 'environmental' makeup when he's supposed to be this evil, dirty motherfucker.

I really liked the look of the first Gregor. He just oozed skeeze and rage and evilness.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

agarjogger posted:

Wait, so per Melissandre's scene browsing her bullshit-potions, how fake is magic? There was nothing fake about the smoke demon who got Renly, I suppose. And Beric definitely took a broadsword to the shoulder. If not for the existence of the Wall, I'd forget that magic was ever a big deal in Westeros.

She wasn't saying magic is fake, merely some of the things used to convince people.

Magic is a dangerous tool used in service, not as a thing to bring a crowd. She was saying how even lies can be used as servants for truth.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I think clearly this show should split a season between two years, like what they did with Breaking Bad and Mad Men. The more time between each episode means the more time we have to savor the episode prior.

It is the only way.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Super Ninja Fish posted:

You realize it's going up against the final season of Breaking Bad? In terms of acting, cinematography, music, sound, editing, emotion, I haven't seen any area that GoT is better than.

I've wondered more than once what would the BB show runners have done with Got's story. Would we ever have had something as weird as Yara giving a big speech only to run from the dogs Monty Python style?

And True Detective, but I understand BB has a lot more weight behind. GoT is REALLY FUN and there are some darn good actors on it, but it's not by any means a peerless showing beyond the clothing.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

rejutka posted:

We are all GRRM's children.

If that were the case we'd have stopped writing out new posts long ago.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Everyone's so loyal to their lords because of Stockholm Syndrome. Everyone, including the lords, are fuckin' nutters.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

regulargonzalez posted:

Given that there was no episode tonight, and further given that people were dissing GRRM's writing ability, if anyone is interested in reading the chapter featuring next episode's duel I found that chapter online. Obviously it will spoil the episode, so I won't link it here but you're welcome to PM me for the link. The writing for the fight is incredibly exciting and completely draws you in, it's really compelling writing imo.

Uhhh....why don't you just link it in the post? It's not like it's a big fuckoff image that will spoil everyone even those uninterested.

It's a link that requires a second click to get there. Label it and leave it.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

MeLKoR posted:

A Dream of Spring won't come out until a year after the TV show ends and it will be a novelization of the last season by Alan Dean Foster.

Brandon Sanderson will be taken hostage and tied to a bed until he writes the last book in GoT. He may or may not have his feet broken with a sledgehammer in order to convince him.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

Can you imagine if there was ever a three week break

the wait for season 5 is going to kill some of you.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

mastajake posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DowJfUmlzeI

At the very least, Syrio (as evident in his last remaining seconds) was doing it for more than just money.

Last remaining seconds in that episode, you mean. :colbert:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

fleshweasel posted:

If Syrio was cool he would have run with Arya but that's not as good for the story.

He couldn't have run because he had to slow down the guards. Arya can't run very fast.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Well, I mean from the Christian Republican point of view it's true. Everybody knows little boys can't have babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Beeswax posted:

You loving idiot

Man, I'm glad that was settled. I wasn't too sure, but now I think I can finally check that off the list.

So does Oberyon fight with little daggers or will he have like a katana or something? Maybe a sexy whip?

• Locked thread