Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
So I got to the end. Aiden is basically cyberbatman, but the gadgets are only software. He even gets his own batcave on an island in the middle of the city.

I also like how holding Maurice for the entirety of the game amounts to almost nothing. And that defalt guy only gets two missions. And he is a prominent DJ of a club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Kylra posted:

So I got to the end. Aiden is basically cyberbatman, but the gadgets are only software. He even gets his own batcave on an island in the middle of the city.

I also like how holding Maurice for the entirety of the game amounts to almost nothing. And that defalt guy only gets two missions. And he is a prominent DJ of a club.

You realize that the only thing that makes Batman a good character is the crazyness around him? Take that away and put Batman in a really normal city like...chicago...and batman becomes a really, realy terrible character.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Yes, of course. Aidan is an awful character. He's only remotely interesting just because of how awful.

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
So, with 95% completion and no further desire to play this game, here's my :spergin: effortpost of how Watch_Dogs hosed up (and how it could be fixed with what I think is not a lot of effort). This isn't meant to be a big overview of every little thing that's broken or could be improved, just a look at the roughest edges.

1) The hyperspace arsenal. I'm not even particularly against any of the many, many guns in the game - but being able to pull a whole arsenal out of your trenchcoat means that everything needs to be balanced around the Destroyer, the light machinegun and the pump grenade launcher, which is nuts. This poo poo needs to be locked down. Fix: anything larger than pistols can't be concealed, only slung on your back or dropped. Pedestrians will still freak out over a slung weapon, so unless you really love police chases, you'll be gently encouraged to not lug around the heavy firepower all the time. Limit parcour while you're handling longarms. Keep an armory in the trunk of your "owned" cars so you can do convoy intercepts or drive up to a mission and arm yourself accordingly. This lets you more cleanly separate combat encounters from the rest of freeroam.

2) Driving around in the sandbox means crashing into poo poo. Now property damage during a car chase is acceptable, but mowing down pedestrians while you're trying to go from mission to mission is not. It inevitably happens so often that the penalty for running innocent people over is barely existent. This might fly in GTA or Saints Row, but doesn't work for Watch_Dogs at all. Fix: You already have a goddamned fast travel system. Hell, you have two. For starters, allow the player to use the train fast travel along with the normal fast travel from the map screen. There's no point to forcing the player to go all the way to the next train station for this. And on top of that, mission markers should be viable fast-travel targets, too. Give me a quick cutscene of Aiden driving up to the place, then hand control over to me and let me decide the approach. (Giving me the car arsenal to pick from if I need it, as per the previous item.) If the point is that getting to the marker is some sort of navigation challenge, then drop me off at some pre-defined spot nearby, a road where a car could reasonably drive to. If you need some sort of conversation playing (and do you? Really?), make it part of the cutscene. At this stage, you've already cut out so much bullshit driving around the place that you can make the penalties for running people over appropriately harsher.

3) Everybody knows Aiden is the Vigilante. Except when they don't. And then they do. And it still doesn't matter. How the hell do people on the street know enough about Aiden to recognize him even when he's just walking around, while his sister and Big Brother have no clue? Fix: While I'd love if Aiden would dress a little less goony and therefore be able to legit blend into a crowd, that one's probably not happening. Here's an idea: Why don't you just cut out all the pedestrian chatter about recognizing Aiden, and instead make them talk about what they've heard about the vigilante? You still get feedback, but now you're working from the assumption that nobody knows what he looks like, which makes more sense from a story perspective. With the reduced opportunities to run through the streets with a grenade launcher or mow down pedestrians on the way to the next gun store brought on by the fixes in points 1 and 2, it'd be easier to swallow that nobody's gotten a good look at him - or at least nobody's willing to come forward and provide a description because they want to help him. And if you do rampage, bam, bad rep, more recognizable, people call the cops on you. Hey, isn't this already what the radio keeps saying and how it's supposed to work anyway? Seriously, you just tweak this a bit and Aiden remaining unknown for a while makes at least more sense than it does now.

4) Going into prison by being arrested just to deliver a message to some random guy who barely knows anything about you is dumb. Fix: Don't do that, then. The prisoner is barely worth your attention in the first place. Jordi's guys can deliver the message just fine. And even if Aiden has to be there in person, why not go in as, say, the prisoners's new lawyer? Hack their files, put on a suit and walk the hell into jail with nobody the wiser. It's still stupid because everybody sees Aiden's face, but at least this way there's no drat arrest record. You can even still do the "corrupt cops that want to kill the prisoner" thing, a little like this:

Prisoner: Who the hell are you? I didn't call a lawyer!
Aiden: Call logs tell a different story, Raul.
Prisoner: poo poo, you're -
Aiden: Someone who really likes his privacy. I'm sure you'll respect that and tell them nothing, because I walked in here in broad daylight to ask nicely. Imagine what I can do when I'm not so nice.
Call from Jordi: Heads up. Looks like the Club wrote a check to the Police Christmas Charity in exchange for your new friend. Better make it fast if you like being alive.
Prisoner: What? What's happening?
Aiden: Change of plans. Looks like you're getting an early release. You do what I say and I'll get you out. Then I'll keep the cops busy while you get gone and stay gone. These guys aren't loving around. If they catch you, they'll torture everything you know out of you and then kill you. And if I catch you...
Prisoner: Jesus, alright! You'll never hear from me again, I swear to God! Just get me out of here!

Again, not Shakespeare, but just a bit less dumb.

5) Jesus gently caress, the game's treatment of Aiden's character is a loving mess. They way he treats Clara in their first physical meeting is only barely saved by the claim that he was trying to put her on tilt to test her. The whole "social engineer" thing is barely visible, as Aiden loving sucks at manipulating people with anything but threats. You'd think he'd be better at, you know, reading people and understanding their motivations, for starters, so being so blindsided by every single revelation in the game really doesn't do wonders for his cred. While the game implies that Aiden's actually not a very good hacker and relies on premade exploits written by his partners (Damien and Clara respectively), the game never really comes out and says it because drat, we can't have Aiden explicitly be worse at something than somebody else, people might think he's not the ultimate badass! There's also that he's a dick and doesn't get called on it nearly enough. Fix: Uh, better, more consistent writing in general? It'd probably help if the game could decide whether he's CyberBatman or a deconstruction of CyberBatman. If we knew anything about him at all beyond that he's supposed to be a badass everything. If we saw more of no-poo poo Aiden instead of the brooding Vigilante. I'm convinced it's not that far away from something that's at least workable, if only the tone on some stuff would change. gently caress tracking down specific instances, though, this is already way too :spergin: as is.

6) Aiden's family ties. His sister looks like an idiot throughout the whole plot. Fix:

Nicky: Of course I suspected you, but I didn't know, Aiden. You covered your tracks. You lied to me again and again. And I wanted to believe you, to think that you had really turned your life around, that this whole vigilante business was just...someone else, no matter how much I saw and heard that made me think of you. More than anything I wanted it to be true for Jackson. He adores you, Aiden, and I wanted you to be there for him. I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Now I just have proof how wrong I was about you.
Aiden: ...I'm sorry.
Nicky: That's all?
Aiden: That's the truth, Nicky. I never meant for any of this to come back to you or Jacks. I needed to keep you safe.
Nicky: You needed us out of the way so you could play out your revenge fantasies. This was never about us, or Lena. It's always been about you and your pride.
Aiden: Maybe. But it's too late to walk away from this mess. I made it and I need to clean it up. *beat* I hope you'll be safe, you and Jacks, somewhere. And that one day you'll forgive me.
Nicky: ...I hope that, too.

7) Actually, the whole runaround with Damien which somehow takes over half the game, again and again, just because Aiden didn't want to deal with him again in the beginning. Fix: No good way around it without rewriting everything, I suppose. The easiest fix is just to better justify Aiden's up-front refusal.

Clara: ...and we're not following Damien's lead because...
Aiden: Could compromise my identity to associate with him - and yours, too. Could be a trap he's too blind to see. Or he's trying to sell me out. We can't trust him or his lead, it's too...convenient. If we touch it, we need to do some footwork first, figure out how it got to Damien and what's behind it. Either way we'll do it without him.
Clara: Do you think he'll just back down?
Aiden: He won't like it. Damien didn't know when to quit at the Merlaut. But he can't do a thing without me and he knows it.
Clara: You could..."fix" him.
Aiden: No. *beat* I don't owe him a lot, but I owe him that much. We're not touching Damien one way or another, he's out of the picture now.

8) Human slavery auction is somehow a stealth mission. Fix: While I'm generally in favor of the stealth over the increasing combat focus in the later missions, I fully support a shootout with some dead scumbags here if the player wants it. It's not like Aiden needs to maintain the Crispin cover any longer after scanning Iraq's dogtags. Let Iraq and Quinn get away, kill some slavers, escape as the police arrives. It really wouldn't make much difference to even the mission's plot, nevermind the overall story.

9) Why go to all the trouble of forcing Bedbug to hack Iraq's server when you later come in to assault the place anyway, showing that you could have done that at any point previous? Fix: Security was too tight before. After the core of Iraq's Viceroy's got killed or arrested at the auction, he only has a few soldiers remaining, with only his gangbangers to secure most of the place. Ergo, it's now possible to just go in guns blazing. Honestly, this is so close to what already happens that it pretty much just needs some tweaked dialogue to be more explicit.

10) Defalt hacking the Bunker is super-dumb. Fix: Excise the Defalt subplot with extreme prejudice. It's filler anyway and adds nothing to the overall story.

And now that I've wasted the time typing all this out, I feel better about the time I wasted playing this mess.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

#1 sounds obnoxious as poo poo dude. One of the things I liked about this game is that you have all your weapons and gadgets on hand and can make new ones on the fly. Hyperspace arsenals are a gameplay concession. Being able to have variety in your weapons is fantastic and I despise not having my entire arsenal on hand due to "realism". It allows the player to mix things up, to play more tactically and in general is just a good idea. The problem with Watch Dogs is that 70% of weapons you get are samey. Here's an assault rifle! Here's a slightly better assault rifle! Here's an assault rifle with slower rate of fire but more bullets! Here's the DLC assault rifle! And so on.
They could put in a Saints Row weapon system, where you get to equip a weapon into each category onto your weapon wheel. I'd be okay with that. It would reduce the clutter while also giving player variety.

Your other points sound okay but you are editing the pre-existant story, which is unfortunately quite bad. The issue is that Aiden is so focused on :byodood: THE MERLAUT :byodood: that he willfully ignores the government corruption, the rampant privacy abuse, the sex ring and everything else that just overshadows the inciting incident. Players just don't give a poo poo about it, and for good reason. It doesn't even get a satisfactory resolution.
Case in point, I was given the choice to either kill Maurice or let him live. I honestly just didn't give a poo poo about him at that point. If I was going to kill him then it would be because of how much his voice acting annoyed me during the main game rather than what he did as a character. It wasn't a moral choice for me, it was a "am I annoyed enough that I want to kill him or do I just not give a poo poo?"

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 2, 2014

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

It isn't a realism thing. gently caress "realism". It's a question of what kind of gameplay you want to enable the player to engage in. For a game that's all about sandboxing like Saints Row, I completely agree, put everything I've got at my fingertips and I'll go make my own fun. It's not like the game takes itself seriously at any point.

But in Watch_Dogs, in my opinion, it breaks more things than it solves, and it's indicative of a certain lack of...curation? You see this all over the game, and by extension the recent AC games, too: throwing all kinds of stuff at the player and leaving him to sort through it how he likes it, with little regard to how all of this stuff interacts. My stance is that interesting gameplay doesn't just come from the features you include, but also from the limits you impose.

But anyway, it's just my opinion. It's not so much that any part of the game is totally ruined by the hyperspace arsenal, it's more that I think that it would reinforce the narrative the game is trying to tell if weapons were limited in the way I described.

(That said, hyperspace arsenal comes close to ruining multiplayer hacking imo, as people start to pull out their grenade launchers or Destroyer rifles and go to town on the environment when they can't find you. It also makes evasion after discovery nigh-certain death rather than a tense escape and chase scene.)

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Actually, LA Noire handled issue #1 very nicely by forcing you to enter your trunk for the shotgun. #2 is silly though, why fast travel in a game about a city? It's a fun city to drive and run around. Many alleys, many ways onto the rooftops and other high locations. You just seem to not like driving. Maybe they should allow taxis like GTA?

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

SSNeoman posted:

#1 sounds obnoxious as poo poo dude. One of the things I liked about this game is that you have all your weapons and gadgets on hand and can make new ones on the fly. Hyperspace arsenals are a gameplay concession. Being able to have variety in your weapons is fantastic and I despise not having my entire arsenal on hand due to "realism". It allows the player to mix things up, to play more tactically and in general is just a good idea. The problem with Watch Dogs is that 70% of weapons you get are samey. Here's an assault rifle! Here's a slightly better assault rifle! Here's an assault rifle with slower rate of fire but more bullets! Here's the DLC assault rifle! And so on.
They could put in a Saints Row weapon system, where you get to equip a weapon into each category onto your weapon wheel. I'd be okay with that. It would reduce the clutter while also giving player variety.

Your other points sound okay but you are editing the pre-existant story, which is unfortunately quite bad. The issue is that Aiden is so focused on :byodude: THE MERLAUT :byodude: that he willfully ignores the government corruption, the rampant privacy abuse, the sex ring and everything else that just overshadows the inciting incident. Players just don't give a poo poo about it, and for good reason. It doesn't even get a satisfactory resolution.
Case in point, I was given the choice to either kill Maurice or let him live. I honestly just didn't give a poo poo about him at that point. If I was going to kill him then it would be because of how much his voice acting annoyed me during the main game rather than what he did as a character. It wasn't a moral choice for me, it was a "am I annoyed enough that I want to kill him or do I just not give a poo poo?"

Yeah I'm with you on the arsenal thing. I want to have the categories, but as much as most guns were just an upgrade over a previous one and there was an objective "best" in every category it would have been nice to only be carrying one sniper rifle instead of 3 plus grenade launchers which I never, ever loving used because I had so many other explosives at my command anyway.

There was more than one invasion target I had get away because I accidentally mouse wheeled off the destroyer and tried to shoot their car to a stop with the normal sniper rifle. That poo poo is irritating.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Is the DLC with dreadlock guy ever coming out?

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Actually, LA Noire handled issue #1 very nicely by forcing you to enter your trunk for the shotgun. #2 is silly though, why fast travel in a game about a city? It's a fun city to drive and run around. Many alleys, many ways onto the rooftops and other high locations. You just seem to not like driving. Maybe they should allow taxis like GTA?

Taxis would be fine, I was just thinking about the trunk arsenal. And I don’t hate the driving, I just think you should be able to skip the trips when you're not in a chase. You wanna drive everywhere, go nuts, but running wild in freeroam is sociopathic and driving carefully is tedious. If there's no fail condition to the trip, why not have fast travel for it?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You might drive past something interesting and stop to check it out, that's part of Ubisoft's open-world philosophy. Also, they want to you spend some time not in missions so you're eligible for invasions.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

haveblue posted:

You might drive past something interesting and stop to check it out, that's part of Ubisoft's open-world philosophy. Also, they want to you spend some time not in missions so you're eligible for invasions.

And routes for running away from cops. The cop chases are so much fun but need to be tougher. It's a fun experience, just too easy if you know your way around the place.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

So I just stumbled across a Blume and ctOS reference in Assassin's Creed 4, hacking one of the computers during the present day stuff.

I had no idea that was in there, is there any other info anyone else knows about to know what they're doing with this? They threw it in there to be pretty blatant, it seems like more than just a random Easter Egg.

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006

TheSpiritFox posted:

So I just stumbled across a Blume and ctOS reference in Assassin's Creed 4, hacking one of the computers during the present day stuff.

I had no idea that was in there, is there any other info anyone else knows about to know what they're doing with this? They threw it in there to be pretty blatant, it seems like more than just a random Easter Egg.
Ubi are known to stick in easter egg references to their other games, if I remember rightly.

Agreed with the Defalt thing being retarded though: Oh my, who is this mysterious hacker Defalt? Nobody knows who he is! Oh, except that he uses his rat head thing as his calling card, and there just happens to be a DJ known as Defalt who wears the same rat head as a helmet during his gigs, as well as a hoodie with "Defalt" written on it.

Seriously, Aiden could have figured out who Defalt was using loving Google.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I like the idea of a Banksy-esque superhacker who atacks the inflated self-importance of the narrative, it's just that the execution was terrible.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Reverse Centaur posted:

Is the DLC with dreadlock guy ever coming out?

September 30 (23 if you bought the season pass)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Yippee. It looks terrible, like somehow even worse than the main story, but I bought the season pass. :(

Direct youtube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2txdn8jow2Y

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Hey, this just hit $35 on the PSN. Worth it at that price, or is it more of a wait-until-it's-$15 Sleeping Dogs situation?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Wolfsheim posted:

Hey, this just hit $35 on the PSN. Worth it at that price, or is it more of a wait-until-it's-$15 Sleeping Dogs situation?

Well, first off, Sleeping Dogs is worth way more than $15, it's a great sandbox. I'd personally flip that, wait for Watch Dogs to hit $15, buy Sleeping Dogs ASAP.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I think it's worth $35. Not for the story, but I enjoyed the combat and general experience.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Crappy Jack posted:

Well, first off, Sleeping Dogs is worth way more than $15, it's a great sandbox. I'd personally flip that, wait for Watch Dogs to hit $15, buy Sleeping Dogs ASAP.

Oh, I already have Sleeping Dogs and like it quite a bit, to the point that I got it so cheap (like literally $6 during some other PSN sale) that I didn't feel bad dropping some extra money on a couple of the overpriced DLCs. It's kinda short, though, and there are only so many enemy types to beat unconscious and/or throw into a furnace.

Reverse Centaur posted:

I think it's worth $35. Not for the story, but I enjoyed the combat and general experience.

Eh, I went for it. I guess we'll see!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Reverse Centaur posted:

The combat and multiplayer is great, the story is so bad it makes The Room look like an Golden Globe winner.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.

Party Plane Jones posted:

The combat and multiplayer is great, the story is so bad it makes The Room look like an Golden Globe winner.

poo poo, at least The Room was funny in a kind of naive, loveable way. WD's story is just 8 hours of obnoxiously trying really hard to be cool and marketable that tops of with an ending that's basically nothing but cynical sequel hooks.

Oh well, at least one of the gajillion Ubi studios that worked on the game realized that the story was garbage, and let the player unlock all the actually fun open-world stuff really early on. And now you can repeat Gang Hideouts and Convoys, so that's neat too.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I do not regret buying at launch because multiplayer was so awesome. Multiplayer has died off as people beat the game and got bored with it, so now I would say it's not really worth 35 bucks.

The gameplay is pretty fun but without regular invasions and invading I think the general experience of running around doing sidequests would be pretty monotonous.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
So I'm wondering if this game is worth it for the PS3. I have a super rig that could max this game with ease, the only problem is that this game is an open world mayhem poo poo starting game. Best played on a couch on a console.

I don't have a PS4 and am only asking because people apparently have major issues with the PS3 version.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 9, 2014

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006

NeoSeeker posted:

So I'm wondering if this game is worth it for the PS3. I have a super rig that could max this game with ease, the only problem is that this game is an open world mayhem poo poo starting game. Best played on a couch on a console.

I don't have a PS4 and am only asking because people apparently have major issues with the PS3 version.
If you've got a super rig, you owe it to yourself to get a 360 controller for it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Rohaq posted:

If you've got a super rig, you owe it to yourself to get a 360 controller for it.

iirc you don't even need a 360 controller these days. The Steam thread was talking about how some enthusiasts made a PS3 xinput driver (that actually works) for a modern era where Microsoft is trying to force directinput to go the way of the dinosaur.

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

iirc you don't even need a 360 controller these days. The Steam thread was talking about how some enthusiasts made a PS3 xinput driver (that actually works) for a modern era where Microsoft is trying to force directinput to go the way of the dinosaur.
Good stuff, I'll always love my 360 controllers over the PS3 though; they just fit my hands better.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
I realize that the game looks incredible on the PC, I'm just wondering if the PS3 version is poo poo or not.

I have plenty of other games that have way better graphics than this that I can appreciate the graphics in more than this game.
At the end of the day Metro makes you appreciate the graphics because it stuffs them in your face. This game is a freeroamer, I'm less interested in what the devs want me to pay attention to and way more interested in my own personal little agenda of chaos and destruction.

\/ PC it is then. I wonder how wonky retarded it would look on my oldass CRT television. Just for shits and giggles.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Sep 10, 2014

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

NeoSeeker posted:

I realize that the game looks incredible on the PC, I'm just wondering if the PS3 version is poo poo or not.

I have plenty of other games that have way better graphics than this that I can appreciate the graphics in more than this game.
At the end of the day Metro makes you appreciate the graphics because it stuffs them in your face. This game is a freeroamer, I'm less interested in what the devs want me to pay attention to and way more interested in my own personal little agenda of chaos and destruction.

I have the PS3 version and I can confirm it's poo poo.
Don't play this game. Read the script and be happy.

http://playthroughline.com/scripts/watch_dogs/

Seriously tho', read it. It's loving histerical, and even more so when you already played it.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Do you have to reach a certain point in the storyline to hack more songs from pedestrians? I'm in Act 2 and excluding the 3 songs you automatically get during the storyline I'm missing Ms. Crumby and Black and White. I spent two hours running around the city and got nothing.

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Welcome to my hell, Sir.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

GUI posted:

Do you have to reach a certain point in the storyline to hack more songs from pedestrians? I'm in Act 2 and excluding the 3 songs you automatically get during the storyline I'm missing Ms. Crumby and Black and White. I spent two hours running around the city and got nothing.

Do laps of Navy Pier, that's how I got the last couple of non-storyline unlocks.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The only thing that's a real roadblock to 100% completion for me (and the reason I'm not going to bother) are the drinking minigames. Holy hell are the later ones terrible. If anyone has followed discussion of Mega Man Unlimited elsewhere in the games subforum, it's actually a very similar set of design problems. Individually, the "drink" challenges are well-designed (at least if you have a controller). The problem is the lack of checkpointing (meaning you have to do many of them in a row without failing) and that the difficulty scale just keeps going up into the stratosphere. "Respawning" is also unsuitably punishing, sometimes sending you far, far away from the game and making you trek back, forgetting everything you could have learned in the last attempt.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Sep 21, 2014

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I don't know what they were thinking with the drinking games. All of the other mini games have pretty limited requirements to count for completion, but for some reason they felt the need to make you absolutely master that one.

The trickiest part for me was when you had to hold the right cursor on the left side and vice versa. As soon as the cursors swap sides my brain just couldn't cope.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

The game was making my GPU push 75c, heat-wise.

Turn on the V-sync and/or framelimiter and it pushes 55 on ultra. My PC isn't top spec either. I don't know what to think about this, especially since some of these options weren't there during launch. It sure does look pretty most of the time.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 21, 2014

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
As soon as I did one drinking minigame, and was told that I had unlocked 1 of the 10 ranks for 1 of the 3 drinkers and I'd need to play the game 29 more times plus failures for the trophy, I gave up.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Discendo Vox posted:

The only thing that's a real roadblock to 100% completion for me (and the reason I'm not going to bother) are the drinking minigames. Holy hell are the later ones terrible. If anyone has followed discussion of Mega Man Unlimited elsewhere in the games subforum, it's actually a very similar set of design problems. Individually, the "drink" challenges are well-designed (at least if you have a controller). The problem is the lack of checkpointing (meaning you have to do many of them in a row without failing) and that the difficulty scale just keeps going up into the stratosphere. "Respawning" is also unsuitably punishing, sometimes sending you far, far away from the game and making you trek back, forgetting everything you could have learned in the last attempt.

Apparently a recent patch is supposed to have lowered the difficulty on the drinking game so you and I can finally 100% this fucker.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Bad Blood, the T-Bone DLC, is now available to play for those of us what bought the season pass.

It works fine on Steam after a small update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

CitrusFrog posted:

Apparently a recent patch is supposed to have lowered the difficulty on the drinking game so you and I can finally 100% this fucker.

Oh. Great. Wonderful. Thank you. Now I guess I'd better go reinstall the game. :smith:

• Locked thread