Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

I fully expect the first 10 min. to be "hacker" bingo:
ie. 1 4chan reference, 1 guy fawks mask unlock, 1 hollywood hack, 1 gunfight while the computer hacks itself, 1 token femme fatale (who is also a hacker), 1 token black guy (who is not a hacker, or a holder of any degree but Masters in Jive), 1 token russian guy (who is just evil, because he has 2 speaking lines), 1 reference to Nihilism or Snowden, or the Bush/Gore election boxes.

Bonus round is: 1 reference to an illuminati/CIA plot to control the internet. 1 reference to the 99% and wall st algo trading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007
Unbiased goon review:

- Excellent map, they get points for trying to build a 1:1 scale map for a city vs. GTA
- Could have been compelling as a more 'realistic' sandbox game where you need to hack, dope deal, gun run your way to evil empirehood vs. the GTA model of run & gun in a psudo Michael Bay movie

- Driving is horrible. As in, take me back in the wayback machine to GTA4. where game physics is poo poo.
- Exploits galore, it seems they learned nothing from the extra year of 'polish' Half the mainbody stories will break (since everything is AI related with walking triggers vs. coded story points)
- AI is zero. Walk down the street with a gun, cap an old lady and the park next door gives no shits. Maybe in Chicago this is normal.

- Upgrades are useless with no marginal value. You can walk through the game and save points until you cap out at the last tier of guns, and the game becomes ezeemode

- Hacking "everything" is not really a gameplay or story related feature but more of a gimmick. When I say a gimmick I mean you can still run & gun through the game akin to GTA and never once use a hack or anything else on the back of the box "sales points" to improve your gameplay. Now compare this to the Metroid"like" Arkham-Batman games, where each tool fundamentally adds or improves your gameplay, be it gaining an unlock to now access ziplines or batarangs, you will be using your new skills alot, and in creative ways to "outsmart" the gameworld & feel like a badass.

Many review sites are being capped on reviews since they are generally bad all over the interwebs, and I suspect honest opinions would put this game in a 40 to 62% metacritic.

Takes alot for me to post an angry goonreview, but this game really makes the "polish" on elder scrolls look stunning. I can only hope Ubisoft Paris has already told the developers to start cleaning out of the office come the 27th release.

TLDR:
Pass. If you did buy the game, chalk it up to another Duke Nuken Forever/MWO/ESO/Superman64 investment lesson. Go play anything, yes, even BF4.

• Locked thread