Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Hal_2005 posted:

I fully expect the first 10 min. to be "hacker" bingo:
ie. 1 4chan reference, 1 guy fawks mask unlock, 1 hollywood hack, 1 gunfight while the computer hacks itself, 1 token femme fatale (who is also a hacker), 1 token black guy (who is not a hacker, or a holder of any degree but Masters in Jive), 1 token russian guy (who is just evil, because he has 2 speaking lines), 1 reference to Nihilism or Snowden, or the Bush/Gore election boxes.

Bonus round is: 1 reference to an illuminati/CIA plot to control the internet. 1 reference to the 99% and wall st algo trading.

9.0/10 on IGN (not an average)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
What does someone whom has never played an Assassin's Creed game and has very briefly played a Far Cry game have to expect from Watch_Dogs?

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Orv posted:

A thin line between hilarious AI exploitation and the entire game gibbering madly as it all falls apart, in between a trite story and rather enjoyable open world. Mix in a few (thousand) tailing missions for spice, some wanton murder and maybe some religious exposition.

Michaellaneous posted:

And a game that goes absolutely bonkshit crazy after the first half.

Sedisp posted:

A story of betrayal conspiracy and redemption. A gripping tale that will have you on the edge of your seat all the way to the alien invasion that God sent as punishment for inventing anime. Are you an epic enough hacker to Occupy Heaven?

So if I understand this correctly: A game that suffers from an originality paradox where it's best to just strap in and enjoy the ride of madness?

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

I said come in! posted:

I'm looking forward to the multiplayer the most. The racing mode was designed by the team that made Driver.

Source? 'Cause now we're talking if that's the case. I LOVED Driver.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Mr Scumbag posted:

No more talk about preordering? But that was pretty fun.

I preordered as soon as it was available on Steam. I understand that makes neckbeards angry though.

Anyone who pre-orders a video game is literally worse than Hitler. :goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Orv posted:

A Parliament of bullshit and lies. So, yes.

I'm not discounting anyone's opinion and don't want this to turn into yet another hugbox, but I hope you're right.

I'm picking up the XBox One version before work on the 27th and will report back after I've finally got to check it out.

• Locked thread