Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

I said come in! posted:

I don't think this site actually played the game. Can we get confirmation that the embargo is up? I don't see reviews anywhere else and that site claims they played the Xbox One version.

pretty sure the embargo hasn't been lifted also it's quite unusual for it to be lifted during weekend as well

also im :lol:in at the video the reviewer uploaded on liveleak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

WindmillSlayer posted:

:yayclod: awesome. Are we gonna get to pre-download it on steam so we don't have to deal with server slowness on release?

Probably not as you're going to use uPlay regardless if you bought it on Steam or not.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

acksplode posted:

AC3 burned me so hard that I never gave AC4 a look, and I'm one of the few who really enjoyed AC1. I want to get hyped about Watch Dogs because of its setting and style but yeah, the problems I have with their progression on the AC concept are not solved by taking a bunch of systems from GTA and adding some new ones and dumping them on top. Shooting randos in slow motion will be fun a few times while I grind for different guns and abilities to get all the variations on blowing up cop cars, but I've already played that game a million times. The invasion stuff they borrowed from Demons Souls looks cool, and the new franchise and modern environment suggest it's a different take on social stealth, so I have some hope. But I'm waiting to be swayed by actual impressions before I buy.

It's a shame really that you didn't play AC4, because it is more of a pirate simulator than a game about assassination

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

:fap:

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Azurrat posted:

I avoid this situation entirely by never spending money on games that don't exist yet.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Azurrat posted:

Ever notice how people who don't care about something really want you to know that they don't care? :v:

But that's YOUR opinion!!!

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Blue Raider posted:

People that preorder are equally as dumb as people that complain about preorders on the Internet.

tbh, we need neoseeker in here to tell us how this game is only developed to sell graphics cards.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
I don't mind getting invaded, but holy poo poo people are bad when they do.

*Hurr durr, let me just hammer the throttle and rev my engine and crash into the nearest pole. He will suspect NOTHING!!!*

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Kgummy posted:

I ended up being invaded while looking at the map. It went and booted me out of the map. I think what happened was the process started right before I popped up the map, though.

As for Alone, it got really annoying to get to all the spots. Then when I do, the robots end up spawning in the worst spots. I'm about to take down one of them, then three more spawn in front of me, with at least one of them looking my way. Usually too close to even get away from.

I ended up cheesing them at the end. I ran around and got the attention of them, and run out the border. Then I get them to follow me out, instead of standing at the edge. They all die in the light. Then I book it to the generator. I'm guessing that the spawning is meant to prevent this kind of tactic, but it ended up forcing me to do it.

How are you supposed to handle the criminal convoys, anyways? I'm only able to do one steam pipe takedown, and they notice me instantly. Distance doesn't seem to matter, either. It just ends up being a shootout without any good cover for me.

Block the road, IED and/or Grenade Launcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
So is this game still fun? I played it like one week after release and got bored really quickly.

• Locked thread