Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Back Hack posted:

What about the other thread? I don't like change.

Change would be a good thing. That last thread was loving terrible.

Edit: Nevermind. Looks like this threads already going the same way as the last one. Carry on, you misunderstood comedians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Everything about this game looks really great, and I can't wait to play it.

Now just wait a loving minute here. The Established Internet Circlejerk (EIC™)is that this game will be terrible because it lacks a Pulitzer winning plot (not actually confirmed), is developed and published by Ubisoft (Lol those big publishers are pretty poo poo guys, rite? Also Uplay is satan because reasons!) and because it doesn't completely revolutionise the open world or cyberpunk genre(also not actually confirmed). Games can't be good unless they are really high-minded wankfests. So I advise you to pull your head out of your arse and jump on the bandwagon.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

No more talk about preordering? But that was pretty fun.

I preordered as soon as it was available on Steam. I understand that makes neckbeards angry though.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Mr Scumbag posted:

Change would be a good thing. That last thread was loving terrible.

Edit: Nevermind. Looks like this threads already going the same way as the last one. Carry on, you misunderstood comedians.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Hel posted:

I assume the minimum required processor is 64-bit right? so there is no excuse to not have a 64-bit OS if you have a machine that can run the game. I can't understand how I survived with only 32-bit computers, I need 6GB RAM just for my web browser.

That last page or so has comprised almost completely of posts talking about how the game requires 64bit architecture to run.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Speedball posted:

Checking out more emerging vids of people who've gotten early copies. A lot of these guys are terrible at stealth. I'm not sure if there's any bonus for ghosting a mission but in a game that likes to help you be clever I hope there is.

I find that if the stealth systems are solid and reliable and the AI is consistent in a game, the great feeling of ghosting something is usually reward enough. See: Hitman: Blood Money.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

This thread continues to deliver.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Are these people for loving real, or what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGRsrFdwb2c

It's looking more and more like this game is going to be the hard "Expectation Management" lesson of this gaming generation, the way neckbeards are flipping their poo poo left and right. I say that as someone who thinks everything I've seen of it looks great and everything seems to be what I was expecting of the game since it was announced.

Which makes me wonder why some people were expecting it to set the world on fire or something. Whatever.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

Expectations being high is totally understandable

the game is a predictably formulaic Ubisoft open world joint.

These things kind of conflict, and as much as I hate to "blame the consumer" here, losing your mind (as many nerds have over the past month ago) over a videogame that doesn't end up identical to a 5 minute preview at a promotional event two years previously is pretty stupid. I can understand if you're new to gaming and this is the first dose of reality you've had to deal with, but any experienced gamer should temper their expectations at least a little so that we don't get ridiculous videos like the one I linked. But whatever, one of the most prominent staples of nerd culture is taking every little thing to ridiculous lengths and complaining vocally. To each his own.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Speedball posted:

Check out the historical hotspots guys. A lot of this crap is just shocking, I had to check to make sure they weren't making it up when they described the "Murder Castle" where a doctor trapped hundreds of people in his Death Mansion.

Also I donated machine gun bullets to the Valentine's Day Murder hotspot. I think I'm a horrible person.

I assume you mean H.H. Holmes during the Chicago Worlds fair in 1933 or something. Cool they have it in the game but it's not that obscure.

^^^^ Huh? We've known that the game was worse than Adolph Stalin-Pot for well over a month now. How could that video possibly be wrong??

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

So far I'm finding this game strangely evocative of the 90's...

As in: the last time I installed a brand new game that hard-crashed my system every time I ran it was sometime in the mid to late 90's.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Murodese posted:

Yeah, I haven't had any problems with driving either. Is this some poo poo fixed in the day 1 PS4 patch that hasn't made it to PC, or what?

Driving's fine for me, using a controller on PC.

Don't know where the hate is coming from.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

The best Watch Dogs mini game is dodging the jets of semen produced from the multitude of concurrent circlejerks in this thread.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

TheSpiritFox posted:

Random BSOD on startup. Yeah, that whole "We wanted to make things better" delay poo poo was a complete and utter lie. I'll bet this thing just had ridiculous stability issues and they had to rip open the engine and it's still not all fixed. I mean, the visual options are hosed. This thing was not launch ready.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the game but claiming the game is not "launch ready" because you are having a problem which it considerably rare is hyperbolic.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

3 Tablets Daily posted:

So I'm having trouble figuring out Aiden's motivation. Why am I preventing crimes one minute and then draining innocent people's checking accounts the next? Did I miss the part where this makes sense?

No-one is forcing you to drain bank accounts. That part of the game is completely optional and I've only done it to people who "deserve it" The "problem" you are experiencing is that gamers have been spoon-fed moral choices with feedback mechanisms for so long that when any kind of moral ambiguity or lack of feedback system comes up in a game, they criticize it as though it's an oversight on the dev's part or some kind of other bullshit.

Of course this happens at the same time people complain about too many moral choices in games that boil down to good/bad feedback mechanisms and not enough moral ambiguity and "realism" in how those issues are handled. Also that games hold the players hand too much in incentivising certain play styles.

The takeaway is that gamers are very hard to please, hypocritical, and very vocal, but if this thread hasn't already demonstrated this to you then I can't honestly say I can direct you toward a better case study.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

coyo7e posted:

Actually, yes. I'd much prefer one thread where people bitch about the story/plot/mechanics, and another thread where you all insult each other about not having the most-current drivers.

Hey guys, did you hear that the plot in this game sucks, the protagonist sucks (autistic batman sperglord amirite lol), the graphics were a lie and suck, the driving sucks, the AI sucks, Ubisoft is the Joseph Stalin of video game developers, Uplay is the Auschwitz of computer programs, and Watch Dogs isn't worth 60 dollars?

Just thought I'd let you guys know in case you hadn't heard.

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 29, 2014

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Can a mod please change the thread title to "Watch Dogs tech support"?

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Lucky Quinn is Jack Palance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

So is it safe to start reading about this game again or are Goons and Redditors still in hysterics about how they were lied to and deceived by the big bad publisher?

• Locked thread