Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

WYA posted:

This game looks loving terrible

It does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Mr Scumbag posted:

Now just wait a loving minute here. The Established Internet Circlejerk (EIC™)is that this game will be terrible because it lacks a Pulitzer winning plot (not actually confirmed), is developed and published by Ubisoft (Lol those big publishers are pretty poo poo guys, rite? Also Uplay is satan because reasons!) and because it doesn't completely revolutionise the open world or cyberpunk genre(also not actually confirmed). Games can't be good unless they are really high-minded wankfests. So I advise you to pull your head out of your arse and jump on the bandwagon.

I think it looks bad, actually.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Pre-ordering is a disgusting scam, and people should never do it, IMO.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

romanowski posted:

hi guys so is this game just a gta clone with some token hacking poo poo or is it actually as cool as the original trailer made it look? I'm probably not going to buy it either way cause $$$ but I'm curious

It looks very garbage. I would personally refrain from buying it until reviews start to pour in.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Horrorosaurus posted:

Wow, judging by recent gameplay videos the game looks like utter poo poo, the lighting especially. I haven't been paying close attention but remember a better looking video from last fall - what the gently caress happened here?

It seems like they blatantly lied in their preview footage. You would have to be mentally ill to purchase the game at this point.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Horrorosaurus posted:

This was kind of my point too, they presented it as live gameplay and not just screenshots, it's lying in my book. Maybe I don't look at hype stuff so often so it might well be this is common practice and if that is true, could one of you maybe link to another example where a hype gameplay video versus the actual product had this big a gap between them graphically, in favor of the hype video?

It happened in Aliens: Colonial Marines. Esteemed company, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

big duck equals goose posted:

Well... you can't fist fight cool like sleeping dogs

and you can't parkour around like in assassins creed.

but while shooting people you can press x next to light boxes I guess and cause them to go "AHHH NOO!" as sparks fly in their eyes then swiftly beat them with a small stick like some kind of hooded Mexican looking mythological creature, so, there is that on top of normal gunplay I guess.

That sounds bad. Would you say this game was worth sixty dollars ($60)?

• Locked thread