Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I picked this game up a couple of days ago, somewhat on a whim since it seems really neat, however for some reason it won't play very well on my PC. Super stuttering, lag, and even crashing once or twice. I've managed to slug it out through a couple of missions, but even with the resolution and graphics down to the bare minimum it just refuses to run, while I'm playing Farcry 3 and Max Payne 3 at the max graphics, so I know my computer can handle it.

Have they figured out a solution somewhere earlier in this thread that I was too lazy to read through?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

kharaa posted:

If you're on an AMD card, update your drivers. Otherwise, reduce your texture quality and crank the other settings back up.

I'm on an NVidia Geforce GTX 765M with the graphics all turned to the lowest settings, to no avail. The drivers are all updated and what not :(

Orv posted:

There is a patch inbound to fix most (perhaps all) of it, you're one of those people that have been shafted through sheer chance.

All of the other games in the genre basically have car pinball if you so much as scratch another car, so not really.

Ah, okay. No big deal then, hopefully I can get it patched up and play the game proper like. Despite what I've read from the little bit in this thread, the small amount I played seemed very promising.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

I love that 2 inch diameter trees are tougher than telephone poles :allears:

Aside from that and the keyboard controls in vehicles overturning me, I have thoroughly enjoyed running around as Batman the Autistic Vigilante.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

coyo7e posted:

Streelights and almost everything else on the sidewalk in WD is easy to knock over. There are trees with iron fences surrounding their trunks which are impenetrable, and I'm gonna assume the guy complaining about "2 inch trees" is probably referring to ones in a city park or out on the map edges and stuff.

Those are the ones. 8 foot tall Cherry Blossoms o the side of the road that god forbid I smash my firetruck into, because they stop you good.

Streetlights and stuff are meant to be crashed through, but telephone poles are sunk 5 to 6 feet or so and are tall and thick as poo poo. Either I get to run over saplings, or my car should pancake around those :mad:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

beejay posted:

There must be something really weird with the driving for some people. I have had zero issues with it. Using a 360 controller for reference.

On PC, if even if you tap W, it acts like you're fully gunning the accelerator.

Edit: On the Keyboard, I should say.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

SpazmasterX posted:

This is from a few pages back but,

There's a pretty hilarious way to cheese this mission. Sprint outside the building by the wall Crispin is next to. He'll hear you ( :v: ) and either walk right out of the building to investigate or walk into the main room where you can just plug him through a window with the silenced pistol and walk away.

Sounds way easier than my method of waiting outside in a car, blowing up the steam pipe directly outside the building, and just running him down as he goes for his car.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Apparently they've already released DLC? Watch_Dogs: Conspiracy?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

ChibiSoma posted:

Well, getting the Social Lubricant achievement may trigger an embolism. Something will burst in my brain and I will die. This may, in fact, be just close to physically impossible. I want to know who designed the Drinking Game, I want to know who decided you had to beat all three at L10 for the achievement, and I want to know exactly how many people at Ubisoft can actually beat it. My guess is none of them.

And it can't just kick you out of the game so you can restart. Oh god no, this is Watch Dogs. Everything must be behind loading screens and as annoying as possible. So when you lose, you sit and stare at a loading screen, and then it spawns you far away from the bar so you have to actually do a salty run back.

In a game full of stuff that is the worst, this is the worst of the worst. Like, I'd be fine with it if the achievement was just for beating one of them. That's reasonable! That's doable. Challenging, but doable. This is asking the impossible. I'm on level four for the Pawnee guy and I've been stuck on it almost half an hour.

E: Oh. And it's random what stick you have to use. That's great. I love randomness in poo poo that's already impossible to do! What a great loving feature! Now you have no way to prepare! What an amazing thing to add to the game! This needed to be more difficult, Ubisoft, it was just so easy before!

E: This is literally impossible. I refuse to believe otherwise. gently caress the last three achievements. gently caress Ubisoft. And gently caress this piece of poo poo game. I'm snapping the disc and being done with it.

Dude, maybe you should take a break. You're getting way too pissed off over a video game.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

JohnClark posted:

The worst part is they don't offer even the tiniest sliver of an explanation for how he escaped. Iraq and his henchmen are dangling the guy from an 8th story window, holding guns to his head, having realized that he just completely betrayed their organization. Did he fight his way out? Did he give them some Jean-Luc Picard level speech and convince them of the error of their ways? The game offers no clue, just a shrug of the shoulders.

He bounced really well from his fall, and somehow lived through it I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Fewd posted:

Aight, thanks, that Goat MMO Simulator looks pretty cool anyways

It is just that though, a simulator. Not a real MMO :cripes:

• Locked thread