Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I like how you can just walk into an internet-cafe looking GUN store right off the street and buy a grenade launcher. Good to see Big Brother is watching.
Even 'super serious' GTA4 put the gun stores in basements and back-alleys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

leidend posted:

Well now I don't need to play the game, thanks.

I think the tragic death/revenge is filled by someone else's shoes in this one, but that doesn't mean it can't happen twice!

Watch_Dogs II: BLOOD HOUNDS OF DOUBLE REVENGE

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Charles Martel posted:

Anyone who pre-orders a video game is literally worse than Hitler. :goonsay:
What if Hitler pre-ordered a video game? What would Hitler turn into?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

I said come in! posted:

UBISoft has advertised Watch Dogs as a game that is gunning for Grand Theft Auto V.

:allears:
(GTA:O still doesn't have heists in it)

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
And Cashcard sales aren't making them enough millions already even though the game is still beta.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

It's because they were stupid and spent too much money marketing a guaranteed blockbuster.
I wonder how much money these AAA+ games would save if they cut the marketing budget down by like... let's say two thirds?

For some perspective in Real Life :australia: we get the standard magazine ads but, at least in South Austraila, generally the furthest they tend to go is ads on buses. You won't see any ads on TV unless you have Foxtel/Pay TV.
I've never seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbC1etgVNZk I did not even know this was a thing until just now.

I knew this was a thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pblj3JHF-Jo But I didn't know BLOPS2 had one too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZIiUbrZtWY

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Lars Blitzer posted:

Welp, I'm off to Toronto for the launch party. I'm all packed, see?
Keep an eye out for someone in a STEALTH SCARF and make sure they don't hack your phone.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

limited posted:

Especially if stuff like being able to out-think or shortcut certain missions is common. If you can shoot a dude and steal his poo poo instead of tailing him for twenty minutes, I hope you can gently caress with the usual tedious rubber-band AI pursuits by blowing up or sabotaging their vehicle before they get in it.
Or like, use those hacker powers you have like popping up barriers or jamming lights on green so they crash?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
The funny thing is the only thing they need to do to make it better than GTA5's minigames is to just give the player a reward instead of a kick in the guts like nearly every thing activity in GTA5 :colbert:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Raged posted:

Whelp I got this for free with my new video card. Sadly I have to download it from the UPlay shop. Any idea what time we can start downloading it in Australia?
Knowing :australia: I'm betting around bloody 9am on the 28th or something dumb like that.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

ayn rand hand job posted:

Anyone know when GMG is releasing their keys for the game? I saw Steam broke it early for Australia.
And I'm from Australia but waiting on GMG.
Then I have to download it via Australian internet :eng99:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Any update on if there is an earlier release in Australia yet?
It's out in Aus. Physical (As in EB Games and I believe some JB Hi-Fi's did a midnight launch) and Digital (It's unlocked on Steam and uPlay). It is the 27th for us already so it's nice to see they're actually giving it to us on the 27th and not US 27th.
GMG is UK right? Would that mean UK midnight for the codes or US time?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Mootallica posted:

You'll be waiting a while. Almost 15 hours since it was released in Australia and no keys yet. Another 5 or so hours before their support gets back into the office as well.
And then another 5 hours to download it! :v:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I like how people are ragging on the PRESS X TO HACK. What are they meant to do?
If you make it a set of button sequences it's a QTE and everyone hates QTEs.
If you make it a minigame like Deus Ex HR, everyone hates minigames after the first three.
If you make it like Uplink how the gently caress would you make something like that work on a console?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

hopterque posted:

It's like GTA/sleeping dogs but you're autistic Batman.
When my mates ask me about this game, this is what I'm going to tell them :colbert:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Is there some weird mouse acceleration in this or am I just used to playing Wolfenstein at the moment? Cause it's finicky as hell to aim with the mouse.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

DheeradjS posted:

Yes tehre is, and it sucks balls.
Is there any way to get rid of it because it's making combat WAY harder than it needs to be.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

1stGear posted:

Just won an invasion by standing perfectly still in an empty part of a ring of people. The victim ran right past me, profiled the guy next to me, and then ran off. :smug:
I nearly won an invasion by joining someone's traffic jam. It was all pretty normal, just sitting there in a pickup truck until they stole the car I was driving. Then drove off in my car. They only found me because when I hopped into another car they rammed my new car as they were going up and down the street. :psyduck:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Is this game best played with a controller on pc?
Theres nothing stopping you from playing with both at the same time. Switching from keyboard to controller is seamless, all of the button prompts also change on the fly. It mostly depends on your control preference for these kinds of game
Having said that, there's this mouse acceleration poo poo that makes it annoying as all hell for combat. Unless someone knows how to turn it off? Mouse Smoothing did poo poo all.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Ugh. I've had like, 3 hackers where they haven't actually been inside the circle the game is forcing me to looking in.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

hopterque posted:

Are you sure? Because like if you're on the very edge of the circle it still counts as being in the circle.

No. I'll be in a city square and the other Fixer will be on the other side of the street on the corner outside of the circle. The circle will shrink towards the center of the square and the Fixer is in the same spot still.

Tailing is neat I think. Are you mean to get a notice if you're getting tailed? Also I like ramming/nearly running the Fixer over just as the timer is running out.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
It has Move On Up by Curtis Mayfield in there. I'm not complaining.
I'm guessing the music theme is music from Chicago?

I like how the game assumes you want to stop Blume agents putting Bounties on you.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I only realised today that you get free guns for doing the stuff like the Drinking Game. I got a pretty brutal shotgun from that. Apparently I've played this for about 8 hours and done around 4 story missions.
Bar the assault rifle an early mission makes you buy and the single-shot grenade launcher, I've just scabbed all my weapons from dead dudes.
Do a couple of gang attack things and you'll get a good set.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Cars don't explode when in free-roam MP.

You can shoot dicks onto cars though.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Cars don't explode in free roam MP? That is hilariously stupid.
They get to the point with thick black smoke, just before they're on fire.
There's pretty much nothing to do in it either really. Like, less than GTAO levels of stuff to do. If they had gang shootouts it would be nice.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Anyone on PC that has managed to get the game working and MP doesn't poo poo out on them, I'm up to try some more Decryption stuff. uPlay is ArfCroc

Psygnosis posted:

Supposedly hacking any NPC Blum employee will make invasions more common.
Blume employees put a Bounty on you if you allow their call to go through and I've found that a Fixer generally follows quite quickly too.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

If it's like going from AC1 to AC2 (Or AssCreedBro, even better ), I'm up for it.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Speedball posted:

Hold down the summon button to have your hacker allies perform a DDOS attack on everything around you!
Script Kiddies attack!
(Aidan is the biggest script kiddie of them all)

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Lipton Iced Soup posted:

There is a perk that shows what your civilian model looks like when you invade I believe.
The very last Notoriety unlock shows you what model the hacker is.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Actually I wonder what Desync issues look like when you're hacking someone? Cause sometimes I've had people bee-line right for me waving their gun.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Would it be too much work to let us change our hat color independent of our coat color? Sheesh.
There's one coat I really like the colour off but I hate the hat that goes with it :(
I'll just keeping running around as URBAN CAMO STEALTH COAT Aidan then.

Also I'm getting poo poo luck with invasions. Generally most of my fails are when people are just dicking around out in the open and there's nowhere to hide. Or even if I'm hiding behind a wall then just run right over to me and gun me down without even profiling me. I really wanna know what it looks like when players are lagging since I'm playing from Aus and if it's connecting me to Eu/US players...
Or the time the game spawned me 70 meters away from someone that was barrelling down the road in a fire truck and rammed me head first, car was on fire so I had to bail and they profiled me as I moved away. That was hilarious though. Then it led to an awesome chase so that was cool.

Managed to do this when I alt-tabbed out of the game too:

The game was running and everything.

Croccers fucked around with this message at 15:55 on May 29, 2014

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Wait, the silenced 1911 is a pre-order bonus? :psyduck: I've been using it the entire time. I was wondering why it was so powerful. I thought it was meant to be a silent hold-out that's not that handy once you go loud but the thing is almost as accurate as the rifles (Also either the aiming reticule lies or the bullet tracers do) and still packs a punch. I'd switch to shotguns at close range but otherise just use that pistol, or the auto-revolver if it's already loud.
The shotguns in this are fun too, give them a try. I picked up a Saiga 12 like thing, it just blasts out the bullets :black101:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Bohemian Nights posted:

Also, this is just a silly easter egg, right? I was pretty sure they said the universes were separate.

Oh hey, that shout-out/easter egg in Pirate Creed actually went somewhere.
(Blume invites Abstergo's Entertainment guy to Chicago to show off CTOS and he goes missing or something.)

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
In regards to people Tailing me.
A bunch of times I've had it pop up with Aidan mumbling that someone is tailing him and it pops up with a purple circle and the percentage bar. Sometimes I've fought and other times I've flighted. You don't lose anything for getting tailed though.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Also another thing about Tailing/Hacking.
If you're in the Pause menu, if the stuff in the background is still moving about there's a good chance someone is after you.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Yup :v: You can cheese the invasion thing. If you're being tailed or hacked the world continues to move around you when you pause there's another player in your world.
I lead someone on a merry chase around Pawnee once I noticed the world wasn't freezing when I was at Blume.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Feenix posted:

I think that's online hacking and not actually tailing.
Nope.

I forgot to take a screenshot when he managed to escape but you're tipped off if they're tailing. Unless that's a NPC tail.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Elucidarius posted:

Seriously, unless they saw you it would defeat the purpose to tell you when someone is tailing you, as the entire point is you are not supposed to know.
Honestly I'm confused as others. :shrug:
I've tailed some players that haven't noticed a thing and just keep doing whatever they're doing. I've tailed others that start going into ape-poo poo smash everything and run around everywhere search mode like you're hacking them.
All I can guess is that sometimes the game ticks a I think someone is following me :tinfoil: box and tells you, other times it doesn't. Maybe it alerts you if the Tailer hacks something?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Why doesn't Alone and Spider Tank have multiplayer?

coyo7e posted:

You lose Notoriety points, unless you're already bottomed-out and/or they're way, way higher level than you.
Not for losing a Tail. You lose nothing for getting Successfully tailed. Hell, you see that if you manage to tail someone that they don't lose a thing on the summary screen. No rep, no cash, nothing.

coyo7e posted:

Umm, if it says their name then you already marked them with your scanner thing didn't you?

You're not even showing a tail/hack progress bar in that picture. Just an NPC.
If I profiled him it would of be telling me to kill them not find them.
All that happens is Aidan mumbles something about a Fixer being on his tail and you get a purple circle pop up telling you to find the x player. There's no progress bar that pops up so you have no idea how much time you got left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Speedball posted:

Check the title.
Oh I get it but sneaking around with a partner? Or capture the most Generators in x time? Considering there's nothing to do in Freeroam but kill each other why not expand some of the other modes?
Do you get unlocks for finishing the Flower and the Car trips? I assume you would since you get stuff for Alone and Spider Tank.

• Locked thread