Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
So the world's most dangerous Flobots fan is going to use his Internet power to Defeat The Bad Guys.

The gameplay seemed interesting, but I've not very high expectations for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Mr Scumbag posted:

Now just wait a loving minute here. The Established Internet Circlejerk (EIC™)is that this game will be terrible because it lacks a Pulitzer winning plot (not actually confirmed), is developed and published by Ubisoft (Lol those big publishers are pretty poo poo guys, rite? Also Uplay is satan because reasons!) and because it doesn't completely revolutionise the open world or cyberpunk genre(also not actually confirmed). Games can't be good unless they are really high-minded wankfests. So I advise you to pull your head out of your arse and jump on the bandwagon.

I'd just rather it have meaningful gameplay that plays well.

The best sandbox game released in years, if you ask me, was Gravity Rush, because falling your way through a floating city is basically the best possible way to use your time. If running around and hacking is as fun and engaging as falling is in Gravity Rush, the game will be awesome. It really depends on how they implement their core mechanics, and how well thought out the game's challenges and movement is.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Christ, a moody goth girl with mumble mouth syndrome? Maybe she kicked a hornet's nest and got stung on the tongue. If you know what I...it's...it's a reference to...yeah.

Edit: Having Dark Souls-style invaders attacking you while you wander the sandbox sounds dope.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

leidend posted:

Well now I don't need to play the game, thanks.

I think the tragic death/revenge is filled by someone else's shoes in this one, but that doesn't mean it can't happen twice!

Sure it can. That's when it becomes revengeance. :c00lbutt:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

neogeo0823 posted:

I think it's supposed to show off how the ctOS is tracking literally every small detail of people's lives. It's supposed to be used as a way to get the player to think "Oh man, this ctOS thing needs to be stopped now!", but instead just turns Aiden into a creepy voyeur.

Sounds like the perfect game for goons.

• Locked thread