Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J-Spot
May 7, 2002

neogeo0823 posted:

Just picked up the game yesterday. I'm tooling around after my first time going to my safe house, just scanning random people and taking their money, and occasionally catching criminals. Is there anything stopping me from telling the main story to gently caress off and just doing all the side quests and extra stuff for a while, or are there any bits that I should hold off on until whatever point in the main storyline?

You need to get a few missions in to make all of the skill tree nodes available. After that go nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

neogeo0823 posted:

Cool. Can you unlock all the skills in the skill tree as you play, or is it more like Borderlands, where you build your character to fit a specific play style?
You can unlock everything. I think there's even an achievement for doing so.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

TheSpiritFox posted:

It's worth mentioning that as horrible as hacking can be, watching someone's desperation mount to the point of chucking explosives at passerby hoping you're walking pretending to be an NPC is pretty priceless. Nothing like that inexorable countdown to make someone begin behaving frantic.
I so rarely manage to find whoever is hacking me that I've taken to just conceding the hack and driving away rather than give them the satisfaction of watching me frantically search.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Greyhawk posted:

Thanks, that did it. I can't believe someone playtested these things and went "Well, this looks alright."

At least they resisted the urge to make you get gold on all of them. I'm really surprised you only need to do one to get the progression bonus when they weren't shy about making you do other crappy minigames.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Discendo Vox posted:

They found it increases sales by diversifying target demographics that find the game appealing. AC3 was the only time this kitchen sink design approach has really backfired.

I can't imagine anyone was on the fence about Watch Dogs but were swayed when they found out you could play chess and poker.

e: I'd at least like them to make an effort to make the mini games thematically appropriate or otherwise give them a unique spin based on other game play mechanics. Poker at least let you cheat by hacking cameras. The shell game, chess, and drinking games are just there to be there.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 19, 2014

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Alright, what's the secret to getting completion on Sound Sneak? I'm stuck at 20/23 post credits and couldn't tell you the last time I hacked a song.

Croccers posted:

How on earth did you get to 98% completion but not get tailed 5 times? :psyduck: How much playtime have you got?
I'm in a similar situation. I get invaded plenty but I can only assume my tailers are the guys I'm catching out in the open and killing.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Do you climb radio towers in this game?
They are called ctOS towers in this game.

quote:

Also do I have to hold a button to loot things while I watch the same animation I've seen 1000x play again?
No, they must have forgot to do this. You just walk over the enemy to loot money and ammo.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Nibbles141 posted:

I haven't been in a gunshop but I think I've unlocked most just from picking them up or completing side quests. No reason to hold onto money for late game then?
Money is pretty pointless in this game. Apart from buying a couple of guns and grenade launchers early on the only thing I ever really bought were the tools from Tobias' shop. Once in awhile I'd go buy ammo if I didn't meet whatever condition it is that magically refills your ammo for you.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I don't know what they were thinking with the drinking games. All of the other mini games have pretty limited requirements to count for completion, but for some reason they felt the need to make you absolutely master that one.

The trickiest part for me was when you had to hold the right cursor on the left side and vice versa. As soon as the cursors swap sides my brain just couldn't cope.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Discendo Vox posted:

Do I need to win online races to complete that multiplayer part of the completion ring? I'm not sure that's physically possible.
As I recall you just need to finish the race before the timer runs down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

TheSpiritFox posted:

The actual scrip is pretty much meangingless, and yet it can be entertaining if you play the main character as an autistic narcissistic psycho who thinks he's a hero murdering everyone you profile who doesn't align with your political views and whatnot.
Is there any other way to play the main character?

• Locked thread