Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Everything about this game looks really great, and I can't wait to play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Unlucky7 posted:

That reads like a list of features a company would put out. They did not like the multiplayer, yes, but there is nothing about the single player that isn't a description. I sure would have liked to know what ways the single player was supposedly good.

I don't think this site actually played the game. Can we get confirmation that the embargo is up? I don't see reviews anywhere else and that site claims they played the Xbox One version.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

UBISoft obviously has a lot of faith in this game; the review embargo is being lifted on Thursday.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WindmillSlayer posted:

:yayclod: awesome. Are we gonna get to pre-download it on steam so we don't have to deal with server slowness on release?

I'm wondering this too but for PlayStation 4.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm looking forward to the multiplayer the most. The racing mode was designed by the team that made Driver.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I looked at the recommended system specs on Steam and gently caress that poo poo. My PC could only play this on low settings, it'll look better on PS4 for me and the frame rate will be higher.

quote:

Recommended:
OS: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8 (Please note that we only support 64 bit OSs.)
Processor: Eight core - Intel Core i7-3770 @3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 X8 @ 4 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM - Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti or AMD Radeon HD 7850

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What happened to just releasing one SKU? Why do we need all of these different editions of the game?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Holy Cheese posted:

This is just Assassins Creed with cars. I want to be wrong but.. this is just Assassins Creed with cars.

UBISoft has advertised Watch Dogs as a game that is gunning for Grand Theft Auto V.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Croccers posted:

:allears:
(GTA:O still doesn't have heists in it)

Pretty sure the heists idea in GTA:O was canceled. I don't get why Rockstar won't just come out and say that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

People will stop giving them money.

I thought Rockstar was releasing paid DLC content this whole time, I hadn't been paying attention really until recently, and it turns out they aren't even doing that. But I guess GTA:O has a crazy pay to win cash shop.

Maybe Rockstar doesn't even have the money to get the DLC out? Despite making 2 billion dollars on GTAV, Take Two Interactive still took a loss for this quarter. http://www.forbes.com/sites/briansolomon/2014/05/14/grand-theft-profits-take-two-swings-to-loss-despite-record-gta-v-sales/ Isn't this the best selling video game of all time? And losses are still being made? Take Two has got to be the most mismanaged game company ever if that is the case.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 16:42 on May 20, 2014

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Just read that PC version only supports 64-bit OS, is that standard these days? I mean I run 64-bit so IDK, but I think that could surprise a few gamers :ohdear:

Does Steam have any stats on how many users are running 32-bit still?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Don Lapre posted:

You all should have been running 64bit since Vista.

Noooooooooo Vista was poo poo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

What do you appear as online? Steam name? uPlay name? Game character name?

I need to rename my accounts to ZERO COOL or CRASH OVERRIDE or JC DENTON something :)

For the invasion part I got the impression that there's no name at all. Which is awesome. The whole point of it I think is that you look like an NPC, so it's like Assassins Creed multiplayer in that one regard.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Any word on if/when we'll be able to preload on PS4?

No preload for PS4.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ShootaBoy posted:

Nice to see Ubi being so chill about the leaks.

Actually no, UBISoft is taking the streams down quickly. What they are saying here is they are asking people to not intentionally spoil stuff on forums.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

circ dick soleil posted:

The guy with dreadlocks gets killed and the girl gets kidnapped somehow.

Don't read this, as far as I know it's legit.
It's actually the other way around.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hel posted:

I'm just assuming the interesting characters are killed off and the boring/annoying survive.

So that means no one survives.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Can't believe i'm about to say this but maybe a patch will come out that improves the graphics. I mean hey, it happened for Assassins Creed IV on PS4.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Watch Dogs on PSN will be available at 9pm pacific.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Orv posted:

Same for everything that can download it.

Not always true! Child of Light and Transistor were late in the day on launch, and Sony hosed up MLB 14 the Show as just some recent examples. Some AAA games don't launch on PSN until the evening on launch day.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Orv posted:

I mean in this specific case they're all launching at that time. :v:

Oops! I misread what you said. Yes, you're correct.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What am I watching here? I mean Watch Dogs driving obviously, but is that a glitch? I don't get what is up with the car going backwards.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Watch Dogs has a side mission that lets you stop a creep that goes to furry conventions.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Game of the Year.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Should be up in 20 minutes on PSN.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

And of course its late on PSN. :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Not even ten minutes yet

For what it's worth it looks like PSN is updating the store. You cant even buy Watch Dogs now. So it should be up any moment now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

leidend posted:

How can you tell? I'm new to this joke of an ecosystem.

The Buy Now button is gone now. It was there when I first started hitting F5 over and over again. I am checking on PS4 right now too and it's not there anymore either.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Crappy Jack posted:

Started my PSN download just now, in case that matters. :) When I hit Download, it popped up an error message and kicked me back to the homescreen, but then a second later the download popped up and began.

I still don't get the download button!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Talkc posted:

Downloading on PSN for PS4. Had 4 files. Update file / Exclusive Missions / R-33B Gun / And Watch Dogs.

Watch Dogs is saying 3492mb. That... doesnt seem right.

The first thing it does is download just what you need to get going with the game, the rest is downloaded as you play.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PSN still won't let me download and maybe its based on region? It's 9:27pm here, but that's never been the case for U.S. releases I think. If a game releases midnight east coast then it releases everywhere at the same time for the U.S., so 9pm for west coast users.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haunted bong posted:

Have you rebooted your system?

Yep, a couple times now. Oooh well, I guess I just need to keep being patient.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rod Munch posted:

I rebooted and resigned in a few times and got nothing. However, I went to the Bundles page, looked at the Gold bundle, went back to main Watch Dogs game page and "Download" appeared.

It's finally letting me download. I actually got it through the web browser, it showed up as free on the store page so I just bought it a second time but didnt pay for it of course.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wanna do some online racing but I can't get into any matches on the PS4. The single player has been fun though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm enjoying playing Watching Dogs, and that's all that matters to me. Reviews are stupid.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Glad I bought this for console. Had to pay full price but at least the game works.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FallenGod posted:

This game doesn't make a lot of sense sometimes. I'm just walking along hacking people and sightseeing when some guy runs past with a gun out, stops and then starts shooting at me. I just run away because the game won't let me knock him out and my phone shows no info on him. Seconds later the police search starts going off and the entire police force hounds me until I'm dead :confused:

This is realistic because it takes place in Chicago.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sandweed posted:

This isn't watchdogs related but it's Ubisoft:

There's been some pretty good discussion on this forum about Youtube's content filter and how awful it is. It's very open to abuse.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Oh man kneecapping counts as a knockdown? That's so much more satisfying...

I found that out by accident. :P I've only ever been able to pull it off once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saladman posted:

So I have a 2009 iMac and figured, poo poo, if this game runs on the 360 and PS3, I'm sure it will work fine even though I don't remotely meet the requirements? So after "hacking" my way into the game (whoa meta; http://www.crashwiki.com/can-launch-watch-dogs-directx-10-images/ ) I'm slightly surprised that it still runs like a slideshow, like maybe literally 2fps, even at 800x600 and with all settings off or to lowest.

I mean the Radeon HD 4850 is not exactly a paragon of graphical power (also 2.66 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM) but I'm kind of surprised it's this terrible, and I have pretty low standards for graphical quality. I guess running it in DirectX10-emulating-11 is the problem, but still, I would imagine it would've been trivial to make it work on older graphics cards on the PC version. This is the only game I've had any trouble with at all, Dark Souls 2 and Metro Last Light ran just fine on medium settings / 720p.

Edit: What's also odd is that DirectX 11 is installed on my computer, so not sure what the "secret" Direct X 11 is that I need and apparently can't install.

Your first baby lesson into how hardware works and that game consoles are nothing like PCs.

• Locked thread