Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Last time I spotted this it looked like a pretty cool idea because Assassin's Creed is a decent series to start with and the hacking stuff from old gameplay videos seemed fun, what the gently caress happened to make everyone say it's bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Well gently caress that because that multiplayer invading looks really fun and I can live with a generic cyber-hacker plotline and whitebread protagonist if the game wrapping it up is good.

VVV Ah. That's a much more reasonable concern, fair enough.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 14:24 on May 17, 2014

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Wow this game seems to be really polarising, even for SA. The thing that's basically got me on the fence about getting it right now is invasions, which someone already posted as being cool and I really want to do because I'm finished with Dark Souls II already. Does anyone else have any opinions about 'em?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Javes posted:

ScienceandMusic has been making the Titanfall thread unbearable, guess he wants to make the Watch Dogs thread terrible as well.
I dunno, I get where he's coming from. Ubisoft definitely have a "first game jitters"-thing going on where they start off with a lot of promise but janky execution and then steadily get better as the franchise goes on (see; AssCreed, the new Splinter Cells). Admittedly their plots never really improve but what do you expect for videogames. :v:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I know when you choose to initiate multiplayer you move over segments of the world map to choose what type of hacking to do. Is that purely cosmetic or will being in a certain part of the city affect what kind of invites/invaders you get?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

leidend posted:

This game looks amazing on my new tv

There's freakin rain drops collecting on the brim of his hat, man
I'd like a mod that would make it rain and be at night all the time because the game seriously looks like ten times better when either of those things are happening.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Has anyone put the files into the directory and had no change? I know the mod asks you to go into your GamerProfile.xml and change a setting (from '_runtime' to 'ultra' or whatever), but the setting is already on ultra and I get zero changes.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Moartoast posted:

Did you change Quality="_runtime" to Quality="ultra" or did you change id="_runtime" to id="ultra"? If you changed id, change it back to _runtime and change Quality to ultra. If not then I have no idea.
Something's weird then since I don't even have an 'id=' field. I think I may have a different GamerProfile.xml file from y'all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
My only problem with the multiplayer is that the invadee attempting to start a mission or activity will instantly ruin the factor of surprise and immediately put you on the defensive.

Also seriously is no-one else having trouble with this mod? I put the two files into the folder (they're not meant to overwrite any other files right? They just slot right in there?), make sure the render thing is set to 'ultra' (which it already is in my game), then it just works? I press '1' in-game but nothing happens. :\

• Locked thread