Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dongsweep
Nov 28, 2004

~ P * R * I * D * E ~
Is there a reliable source of the street boundaries? I am excited to see if my home made it into the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dongsweep
Nov 28, 2004

~ P * R * I * D * E ~
So I had a horrible experience yesterday getting this thing installed (kept going from 6mbps to 1kbps. Once installed, I was able to play about 5 minutes of it then I would crash. Every new game or continue would crash after that. I tried all the internet remedies to fix it but nothing worked (including swapping graphics cards).

Finally, I tried the last remedy that I didn't want to try, delete and redownload the game to the standard Program Files instead of (x86). Doing that fixed my crash to desktop. I think this is the first time I have had to do a work around to make a game work in probably 5+ years. Leave it to Ubisoft.

dongsweep
Nov 28, 2004

~ P * R * I * D * E ~

Deviant posted:

I restarted steam. I verified cache. I'm not reinstalling the drat game, because I don't have that kind of time, and I want my save files to stay.

These are steam issues, not uplay.

I reinstalled to a new folder path (not the x86) and my save was still there. I had just started the game so I didn't try to back the save up but when I reinstalled I saw the continue button and just went on playing. This is with cloud sync off, too.

• Locked thread