Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

pengun101 posted:

http://wccftech.com/review/watch-dogs-review-hacker-hoped/
first review.
apparently the multiplayer is kinda crap, but everything else is mostly alright.

That reads like a list of features a company would put out. They did not like the multiplayer, yes, but there is nothing about the single player that isn't a description. I sure would have liked to know what ways the single player was supposedly good.

They did point out one thing though: turning off online stuff resets skills to zero. I don't know if it is online only skills or all skills; the article was terribly written and used both terms interchangeably.

quote:

One huge caveat/punishment Ubisoft implemented is when you do turn off the Online Option, all your skills accumulated are reset to zero. You read that right. They all get reset to zero. All the online-specific skills reset to zero as punishment for not wanting to play online, something which is entirely disappointing.

VVVVV To be honest it feels like that to me too.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 20:59 on May 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Come on. This is a new IP. Maybe this game will not be defined by the idiosyncrasies and hilarious excesses of their own most well known franchises?

... Nah

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Are there many driving missions? I mean I don't have this game preordered anymore but if it plays to its strengths then I could see myself getting it at some point.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
The way I see it, gimmick or not, if the hacking aspect is fun, then I will get this game at some point.

• Locked thread