Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Still lolling about Arsenal bottling the cup final and Wenger resigning and then killing himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This is shifted of a woman saying "fucks sake"

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

Still lolling about Arsenal bottling the cup final and Wenger resigning and then killing himself.

god doesn't exist unfortunately.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

The paper gave the arsenal players mostly 5 ratings today, Ozil got 4, all the Hull players got 7/8... did I miss something?

bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!

Pantsuit posted:

god doesn't exist unfortunately.

He does exist, just look at Chelsea and United this season.

And Barca.

:q:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Thirteenth Step posted:

The paper gave the arsenal players mostly 5 ratings today, Ozil got 4, all the Hull players got 7/8... did I miss something?

Arsenal underperformed, Hull overperformed, Arsenal still won

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Haha apparently jack did you the whole

"What do think of Tottenham?

What do you think of poo poo?"

Chant from the parade bus.

Here's a pic from earlier

Steve Evets
Feb 6, 2006

Shoren posted:

I love seeing the bitter fans of rival teams calling the FA Cup a mickey mouse cup now because Arsenal won it.

Credit to Hull and Steve Bruce for making the match something worth watching.

tbf there hasn't been much of that outside of :qq: at wenger joining Rodgers in rubbishing some poor predictions. Suppose it's because it was good viewing for the neutrals.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

RVProfootballer posted:

Arsenal underperformed, Hull overperformed, Arsenal still won

I wouldn't say Hull overperformed after minute 8. For the last 45 minutes or so Hull barely even performed.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

atomic gog posted:

Aaron Ramsey will win it for the gunners, imo

Looking back at the first page of this thread. Good prediction.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Thirteenth Step posted:

Not really, I assume that was from a red top so are needless exaggerations. Arsenal were pretty mediocre for big spells after a really bad start and some players didn't perform to the level they're capable of but they weren't terrible, Hull were resilient throughout but offered very little after those mental first 15 minutes so weren't exactly great.

I assume the report of the game that went along with those ratings leaned heavily on the "Arsenal got lucky" side of things which meant that the ratings had to back that up even if it doesn't really make sense.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Paper player ratings are always stupid as gently caress

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
The only Hull players that put in a genuinely good performance were Fryatt, Elmohamady, Davies, Aluko, and maybe Bruce. The rest had a decent shift defensively, but nothing really inspiring.

Gibbs was the only genuinely disappointing player on the pitch. He had a pretty bad game. Sanogo wasn't great, but he at least made the Hull defense work harder. He's Torres levels of bad when he's in possession. But the kid is only 21.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Haha apparently jack did you the whole

"What do think of Tottenham?

What do you think of poo poo?"

Chant from the parade bus.

Here's a pic from earlier

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Jack owns.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I thought Alex Bruce had a really good game. After the first 30 minutes Hull didn't have anything to offer really and just kept defending by the skin of their teeth, they looked exhaused after the hour mark. Sanogo is a bit poo poo but at least he caused some trouble by running into people and not looking like a professional footballer.

Sanskrit Scat
Aug 11, 2007

Vinestalk posted:

The only Hull players that put in a genuinely good performance were Fryatt, Elmohamady, Davies, Aluko, and maybe Bruce. The rest had a decent shift defensively, but nothing really inspiring.

Gibbs was the only genuinely disappointing player on the pitch. He had a pretty bad game. Sanogo wasn't great, but he at least made the Hull defense work harder. He's Torres levels of bad when he's in possession. But the kid is only 21.

Gibbs had a pretty bad game on the whole but he also saved us from going 3-0 down and saw the ball out during that last push from Hull.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
Sanogo was miles better than Podolski considering I actually remember things he did in the game.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Ravel posted:

Sanogo was miles better than Podolski considering I actually remember things he did in the game.

Podolski had one of those cannon shots he does every now and then that looked to be going in, but noted Brave Lion and Actual MOTM Curtis Davies got his head in the way to knock it for a corner.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I thought Bruce, even though he gave away a cheap foul for the free kick Cazorla put in, was Hulls best player. McGregor was loving awful though, he shouldnt have been playing. Looked so out of practice and was making basic footwork errors all game.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

I thought Bruce, even though he gave away a cheap foul for the free kick Cazorla put in, was Hulls best player. McGregor was loving awful though, he shouldnt have been playing. Looked so out of practice and was making basic footwork errors all game.

Didn't he just have a kidney removed from a bad injury or did he sort of recover?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Jose posted:

Didn't he just have a kidney removed from a bad injury or did he sort of recover?

The kidney didn't fail I think, Diame gave him one hell of a boot though and he was in hospital for a while. I've got no idea why they didn't just let him rest the rest of the season.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Jose posted:

He'd just come back from a massive lay off yeah. Probably the only really poor decision Bruce made was to not keep using Harper.

As soon as Bruce went off it was a foregone conclusion that Arsenal would score again though.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

He'd just come back from a massive lay off yeah. Probably the only really poor decision Bruce made was to not keep using Harper.

As soon as Bruce went off it was a foregone conclusion that Arsenal would score again though.

Amazing that Bruce playing his own son was such a deciding factor

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

Amazing that Bruce playing his own son was such a deciding factor

I had no idea he was 29. I thought he was like 21-23.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Sanskrit Scat posted:

Gibbs had a pretty bad game on the whole but he also saved us from going 3-0 down and saw the ball out during that last push from Hull.

To be fair, you'd hope any player you ask to sit on the post would have been able to do that. Whether it was Gibbs, Monreal, or anyone on the pitch. I still don't know why we didn't have someone sitting on the other post for Chester's goal.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Spangly A posted:

Podolski had one of those cannon shots he does every now and then that looked to be going in, but noted Brave Lion and Actual MOTM Curtis Davies got his head in the way to knock it for a corner.

He also put in a really good low cross to Ozil who proceeded to completely whiff at it.

I didn't think Gibbs had that bad of a game. He's been playing well all season, but of course he's going to look worse in comparison to the rest of the team when he's one-on-one with Hull's most attacking player. If he hadn't channeled his inner Moses and buried that shot for the winner we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Shoren posted:

but of course he's going to look worse in comparison to the rest of the team when he's one-on-one with Hull's most attacking player.

What.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Vinestalk posted:

To be fair, you'd hope any player you ask to sit on the post would have been able to do that. Whether it was Gibbs, Monreal, or anyone on the pitch. I still don't know why we didn't have someone sitting on the other post for Chester's goal.

Gibbs actually did very well to get across to it because he'd drifted miles off his post like a complete muppet.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

sassassin posted:

Gibbs actually did very well to get across to it because he'd drifted miles off his post like a complete muppet.

Serious question does anyone rate Gibbs good enough as a first choice for a club demanding top four?

He's not actually terrible but he's not brilliant either. I have no idea how he got an England cap.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Gibbs has been very good this season, steadily improving too. He's turned into a very reliable player, but he's still got plenty of potential left.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Yeah, for the most part he played really well this season. He's very good going forward, but I think he doesn't perform well enough defensively in big games. If he plays as many games next season as he did this one, then he'll hopefully improve in that regard.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Ah, alright. He's got decent ability but always looked a huge risk to me defensively and I'll never get him ducking out of a cross out of my head. Also he kept getting broken and no young player needs that.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It doesn't help that he gets no cover from the left wing. It's accomplishment just to not look a complete liability like Monreal does.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Gibbs is awful and is the worst first choice left back in the league.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

euroboy posted:

Gibbs has been very good this season, steadily improving too. He's turned into a very reliable player, but he's still got plenty of potential left.

Yeah, Gibbs isn't great, but he's pretty good and getting better. He gets the blue footed boobie seal of approval.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
What was arsenals route to the final, is there any way to devalue this win?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Pissflaps posted:

Do you have something to say?

you were rather wrong regarding your prediction with Rodgers and Liverpool

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Gibbs hasn't improved much since his mistake gifted cRonaldo a goal in the cl for man u. But Like the other arsenal players he is good enough against the weaker teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

Burqa King posted:

What was arsenals route to the final, is there any way to devalue this win?

Beat Spurs, Liverpool, and Everton, and City, Chelsea, and United were on the same side of the bracket.

• Locked thread