Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
What a great loving match/show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Good match. That's exactly how it should have went imo.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I wish that would've kept going but drat good match

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Maybe the best show I'veoh gently caress Cole!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Amazing show.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

FALLEN ANGEL

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Fuckkkkkk yessssss

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

FALLEN ANGEL

wait what I closed the stream

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

also was the Dragon Gate show better than that because I'm only gonna buy it if so

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

epitasis posted:

Bad Influence confirmed for BITW

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
lmao why is the stream dying right at the end for the Daniels and Kaz joining ROH announcement.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

epitasis posted:

Promo video with Chris Daniels sipping an appletini. He then says he's not coming alone (with Kaz, who's out of the frame)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

drat that is one hell of a way to book a show and then promote your next one with Adam Cole laying everyone out and yelling Best In The World and then announcing a talent acquisition. Court Bauer or whoever killed it tonight

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Borderline great show, very glad I impulse ordered. Stream worked well so will check out any real good looking ROH cards in the future but jesus christ that commentary.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Great show, that was the first time I'd ever seen Young Bucks, Cole, or reDRagon (at least outside of Bobby Fish as a jobber years ago maybe?). Impressive.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

great show but jesus christ fire kevin kelly and steve corino into the sun

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

start watching RoH tv it's really good

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I thought it was a really good show, but yeah that commentary was abysmal. I was disappointed with Nakamura vs. Steen which sucks because I like both of them. Maybe I was just expecting more.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Commentary was awful, but show owned overall. Steen/Nakamura was the best match

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Hit Man posted:

Steen/Nakamura was the best match

lol

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah that match was like fourth best after KUSHIDA/Lethal maybe

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
That tag title match was fantastic.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Show of the year rip my voice

TKImpulse
Oct 21, 2009
Show owned, shoutout to the guy in the Nakamura shirt in the cheap seats leading chants.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah best show I've ever seen in person without a doubt. loving exhausted since I got very little sleep on my overnight bus and I spent the morning and afternoon walking around manhattan, but well worth it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Tanahashi retweeted me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

weekly font posted:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

reDRagon/Bucks is so loving great

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

weekly font posted:

oatgan posted:

start watching RoH tv it's really good

I also had a great time at dinner. It was lovely meeting you guys.

The only thing I disliked was the assholes seated around me and their cynical hatred towards Elgin and Lethal. It wasn't even heel heat. That, and a few of the awful chants that came from the upper balcony.

Otherwise it was a fantastic night.

As a huge Elgin mark, I was happy to see that it took two finishers to take him out. Would've loved to have seen him win, but I knew 110% that he wouldn't going into it.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

SylvainMustach posted:

The only thing I disliked was the assholes seated around me and their cynical hatred towards Elgin and Lethal. It wasn't even heel heat. That, and a few of the awful chants that came from the upper balcony.

Otherwise it was a fantastic night.

As a huge Elgin mark, I was happy to see that it took two finishers to take him out. Would've loved to have seen him win, but I knew 110% that he wouldn't going into it.

Why in the gently caress would you hate on Elgin, thats like hating on Steen or something.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Kushida/Lethal was an absolutely incredible match, maybe my favorite of the year. Kushida deserves a title, Lethal should be the real champion some day, so hopefully Matt Hardy will give him a shot.

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

SylvainMustach posted:

I met absolutely zero of you due to well, not knowing what anybody looks like. The shittiest Internet smark chants that mostly failed to catch on all seemed to originate in the rear right section of the upper balcony. Whichever group of people were trying to chant "no heat" at Adam Cole? I hate them since everything coming from that section was equally no good. "Suck his dick!" is not really a good heckle/taunt in the first place, least of all when you're shouting it every match.

If I had to own up to any poor fan behavior, it would be that all of the streamer bundles I made were made using the kind of streamers one would buy at Party City rather than the proper ones. The reason one doesn't use these only becomes apparent once you actually throw them and discover that the paper weight is simple too light for them to travel far enough, and so every goddamned streamer throw I made ended up on someone's head in the 1st balcony, without fail. The Okada one actually got caught in the rails. I'm sorry, people below me.

The "gently caress TNA" chants to open the show and the "gently caress TNA" sign I held up in front of Okada in lieu of getting a posed photo since they weren't allowed are not what I consider "poor" fan behavior. Those were justified. Besides, I didn't need a posed photo nearly as badly as two acquaintances of mine who each custom-made their own Tanahashi and Nakamura shirts respectively. The handlers told them the same thing but the wrestlers didn't care. (Their being non-old ladies at a wrestling show probably helped them pull it off also.)

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

well at least my surgery went well :unsmith:

but i missed the show of the year :cry:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Lower Balcony was great. There were some idiots on the left side but absolutely no real stupid chants caught on

Was rad meeting all of you who showed up for Korean BBQ. Hopefully we can all meet up again for a show real soon.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Zyla posted:

It was a once in a lifetime live experience.

Luckily for you it looks like they are going to do it again except with more hot hot ROH vs NJPW action!

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Zyla posted:

And I'm embarrassed -- because I owe said show of the year to you missing it -- to say that apparently the NJPW table might have sold out of shirts before I got into the building, although I was told that their online store actually does ship overseas.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Meltzer's report kept saying how the Toronto crowd was much better.

Does he have dumb old man ears or did the crowd not come across well on iPPV? In the building it was deafening.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Meltzer's report kept saying how the Toronto crowd was much better.

Does he have dumb old man ears or did the crowd not come across well on iPPV? In the building it was deafening.

It didn't come across super great. You could feel that people were cheering and everything but wasn't a super great mic.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bard Maddox posted:

It didn't come across super great. You could feel that people were cheering and everything but wasn't a super great mic.

That's a bummer. It's possible it was louder in the lower balcony than it was in the rest of the building too, but in that balcony at least it was the greatest atmosphere I've ever seen for wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

I thought it came across pretty loud. The crowd seemed to sleep on a lot of the wrestling though, particularly early on.

• Locked thread