Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Pauline Kael posted:

This is the problem. I, and lots of other Americans, have family that were effected by the Holocaust. Literal blood relatives that got tossed in the ovens. You think it odd that something that's still in immediate memory for millions of Americans, horror caught on film for all to still see today, has a larger cultural effect than what happened 200+ years ago to a group that's pretty fundamentally out of the picture today? Are you dumb?

So I guess the lesson to be learned is if you are going to ethnically cleanse do it right so people can write off the scattered survivors? But really, your callous dismissal of the native americans is kind of disgusting.

AstheWorldWorlds fucked around with this message at 17:42 on May 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Pauline Kael posted:

You and the rest of the 2jivecrew missed the point. I wasn't comparing jews to Native Americans, I was comparing the number of holocaust museums to museums dedicated to the victims of that progressive reformer, Pol Pot.

Yeah as Berke Negri notes that wasn't your argument, sorry.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
I'm actually having some difficulty parsing your argument out because you seem to be making multiple, possibly contradictory points. First, you claim that we should be judging Jefferson and other complicit founding fathers on the basis of their parochial interests related to the maintenance of the state. The you say that because they succeeded in this affair the morally questionable things they did should not be seriously questioned? Unrelated to this but still stated is your assertion that because jews have greater cultural influence we need more deference/sympathy to past transgressions committed against them? Is this an accurate summary of your argument so far?

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Pauline Kael posted:

You're reading what you want into it, have at it. You're free to question the Founders all you like, until your dad gets his comeuppance, for all I care. Jews don't need more deference/sympathy, but they'll get it, in the US at least.

So that is not the argument you are making?

• Locked thread