Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KelJu
Jul 18, 2004
IT WAS A MISCLICK

Soviet Space Dog posted:

Why do people wear ties? It's weird if you approach it from a context-less point of view. However we all know that ties represent culturally a certain level of "class" or professionalism because we grew up in an environment that has respectful people wearing ties.

Most people wear ties because they are forced to. I don't think it has anything to do with professionalism or class. I think it is more about proving that you are willing to wear some stupid and useless piece of fabric around your neck that serves to other purpose than to signify that you are a whore, and you will do whatever your cooperate masters tell you to do if you want to have financial security in your life.

Sorry, I know this seems a little "wtf", but I hate ties and what they represent to me more than anything on the planet. I will loving die before I ever wear a tie again. In my mind, a tie is a slave collar, and to make it worse, I willingly put in on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KelJu
Jul 18, 2004
IT WAS A MISCLICK

wateroverfire posted:

I feel the same way about pants.

Pants keep my legs warm in the winter.

KelJu
Jul 18, 2004
IT WAS A MISCLICK
I figured as much. I'm just a little weird, and I have hot button responses for some things. Don't feel the need to engage me as if I were a sane person. I still have a lot of resentment about cutting off a 10 inch braided goatee and taking out a lot of piercings for my first IT job, only to to realize that I would rather be poor and happy than middle class and suicidal. I loving hated corporate life and I loving hated ties.

• Locked thread