Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

cynic posted:

My pop-top campervan sleeps 4 technically, however when we needed a bit more space as the family grew we bought a 4-person inflatable tent. Old school tents that take 30 minutes to put up wouldn't really be suitable especially in colder weather, but we've got the inflatable down to 5 minutes to put up using screw in tent pegs and a electric screwdriver which is pretty good. It connects to the camper with tarp and velcro strips and makes for a pretty decent extended living space that could technically sleep 8 (but is luxurious for 4). It was a cheaper option than getting a trailer or custom awning, and the ease of use is about the same, and we can still drive the van off with 5 minutes prep.

That's a cool solution. I recently got an "instant up" tent after looking at a few options. It's working pretty well but takes up HEAPS of space in my car. Admittedly when the seats are folded flat it just takes up the floor with very little vertical space. I carry a compressor in the car anyway in case of flats so It's be interesting to see what the packaging is like comparing the two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread