Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
digger_smolkin
Feb 23, 2007

Any Problem Solved

Is A New Problem Made
Does anycamper here have any experience with tankless propane water heaters? I need to replace the 6 gal Atwood in my slide-in, and have been hearing less-than-stellar things about their reliability. Drop-in replacements are in the $600 range and I see the wall-mounted ones at about $150.
I am not afraid to hack a wall-mount in if it saves :10bux: .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

digger_smolkin
Feb 23, 2007

Any Problem Solved

Is A New Problem Made
Updating my 1994 Northland Polar 200 slide-in a bit. Replaced my 6-gallon water heater with a Suburban IW60. Don't know if anyone is considering going tankless but it was pretty easy, almost identical dimensions but gas/ water connections in different spots.

Old original crusty. Most of the rust is hidden under the cover and styrofoam. I've been afraid to even put water in it.

Lots of room to access the super neat polybutylene tubing! That was sarcasm!

Since none of the grey poly was leaking (don't trust it for permanent housing tho) I just tied into it and voila.

Camper needs a bath then goes on its (or rather our, it's P.O. took it to Alaska and back several times) First Trip this weekend.

So far in driveway tests it is pretty great, hot water to all taps in under 8 secs. Scalding at 15 secs.

• Locked thread