Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

cynic posted:

I've had others, but this is the only photo I actually have of a van hooked up and in the wild. As an aside, the Tiguan is one of the best tow cars I've ever driven engine-wise; the TDI just doesn't give a poo poo you've got an additional ton and a half on the back of you, and even the MPG barely changes.

Interior shot

Wait, that's a 3000-pound trailer? My Volvo 940's rated to tow that much. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

Pages load slow and it craps out now and then, but the signal is solid 1mbps up and down. I'm suspecting that they just have some poo poo residential Comcast over there that everybody is constantly trying to Facebook from. My IRC runs with about 1-3 seconds lag, but almost never lags out.

Kind of wish we had a hotspot at this point, but I am going to see how this next park is first. If I could figure out how to turn on this drat (iphone/verizon) tether, i'd just pay the $20 and bump up my data allowance.

assuming you're using irssi over ssh (as is the yospos way), have you tried doing it over Mosh?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

i came home today to find this parked down the street. :aaaaa:

:getin:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

I wonder if there'd be a market in vacuum insulated panel kits sized for RVs.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

Putting up the styrofoam skirt a few sheets at a time - cold today. Got the back half done and it's already noticeably warmer, specifically down by the floor.

Also cut insulation panels to block the 14" roof vents, and a big 2x8' piece for the bedroom window. SO much warmer.

To clarify on the power issue, power is unmetered here, so we have incentive to run as much electric heat as possible.

fyi, pelonis safe-t-furnace (the square kind with the ceramic disc heating elements) are the best fan heater in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Sandbagger SA posted:

The snow is gone and now it's time to open up my camper for the season.

The tarp I used to cover my rolling loaf took its toll on the cheap paint I used. I'll have to touch it up.

The ceiling settled a little and it's fairly obvious that I need to add another coat of paint to the inside but otherwise, it held up nicely.

now all you need is a poodle and you'll be ready to see america

Are you sure that van's rated to tow that

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 02:30 on May 3, 2015

• Locked thread