Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
I grew up in a RV. that probably explains a lot.

I also lived in the big rear end bus for 2 years or so.

two people can full time easy. two people with a bunch of kids can full time a little less easy.

parks can vary allover the map. from basic mobile methlab cheap parks (koa!) to high end parks that are like living in a resort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

BrokenKnucklez posted:

This is awesome... where do you find this? Can you do this on an existing trailer? Or does it have to be a special one?

Off road campers.

Its a thing.

and its completely bad rear end.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Holy loving poo poo thats 102c3 and or D series territory!

E: or H5-60.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/rvs/4470032540.html

These fuckers are a nightmare to work on, but god its beautiful.

the first CAD bus ever built

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah I saw that. if I had the coin I'd go pick it up yesterday.

Its like owning an 80s french or italian car.... built by the british.

but drat they're cool.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

I parted ways with a little bit of money.

Flat 6 diesel, 15 speed, proper tandems with proper drive. Midship mounted engine.

Sup Fuckers. CSB is back.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
It was custom built for paramount pictures to haul grip equipment.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
cause of the pintle hitch and gladhands, I'm going to tow the workshop behind it

No genset is planned, solar and lithium batteries, it'll be self contained as well.
bedroom in the back, bathroom and kitchen on the curbside. forward area open for dirtbike stowage/living quarters. Once a trailer is brought into the picture, it'll just become a living area.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

"Grip Equipment" was basically your nickname in high school so this should be fun.

hahahaha :D

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
PEX loving rocks, get the good crimps and not the shittier ones. I've had one explode apart flooding my baushaus.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Can't stop whoring this photo.

I do wanna try the copper rings next. I've had one of the pinch clamps fail early on...

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
No shame in it dude! Its best to take a break before you get to the point of loving hating everything.

what are you using for a water heater/heat? just standard RV stuff?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Nor will a lot of insurance companies touch a schoolie. That said, they make *awesome* toy haulers. make a small camper up front, cut the back off and flatbed it.

Mine has a shoolie cab, but it never hauled kids, or even had seats. titled as a motorhome when it left the factory as an incomplete vehicle.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Eternabond is your friend. You can get sheets of the rubber roofing too. (the name escapes me atm)

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
If you're ok with fab, look into variable refrigerant flow systems too. thats what is slated for use on the bus.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Thanks!

I hope people don't mind me asking questions. I'm still at the absolute very minimum a few months from pulling the trigger on something if I do.

Does anyone have any experience with the GMC Glacier? I just stumbled on one from 1973 that is probably the coolest looking/idealish size for me - at least what I imagine it would be.

http://houston.craigslist.org/rvs/5953619460.html

Yeah, its front wheel drive using the rivera/eldorado/toronado TH425 transmission. its strong as gently caress. The engine doesnt matter a whole lot but its a BOP bell housing. The rear is on air suspension and they'll cruise at 80 forever as long as you can afford to feed it.. they handle fairly well too for what they are. (low COG).

E: Definitely not a truck frame either.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 11, 2017

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

cakesmith handyman posted:

:catstare: I think it'll be fine.

yeah no poo poo. thats more than double the torques of my bus.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
get a bus conversion. :D

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
that looks like one pain in the rear end. water tight and structural integrity matters a lot... being a custom rebuild + raisin will hurt you when you're ready to pass it on. Besure to document everything.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Why not go bread/fedex truck? a 31' kitchen on wheels sounds like a lot of weight to throw behind a v8 explorer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

kenny powerzzz posted:

I think some of them were non intercooled. But I don't think they were any different than any other normal 6.0.

jonathan posted:

Attn powershift and others. Are e450 based motorhomes from the mid 2000's a normal 6.0L powerstroke ?

a 7.3 could be had real late. I've seen some sold as "2004" models. (the odometer is a give away. digital: 6.0, analog, 7.3) No intercoolers, a fair bit downrated compared to the trucks.
6.0 flavors will have the typical 6.0 problems. They are intercooled. They do not make the same power as the trucks. I vaguely remember bracketry and stuff being different, but it's been a few years since I yelled at one.
No 6.4s in the vans.

6.0 Econolines are a massive whore to work on. Downpipe is easy to get at, that's about where it ends.

• Locked thread