Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese
off road campers?

Don't mind if I do.

Volvo C304, someone above mentioned looking into one but top speed and noise killed it for them - I've managed to get the noise down significantly with an electric fan and sound insulation, still an ongoing project. Top speed isn't bad on the flats (60+) but going up hills, not so much. Engine is a stock B30A with about 100 HP, I may take that into a volvo workshop to have a higher compression head from a later B30 put on, which should help considerably. That or just replace the entire engine with a diesel.

Rear I don't have great photos of right now, because it's still work in progress, but a nice split-fold seat out of an expedition, with a rear-facing jumpseat, and then a full queen size bed behind that, and room enough for some tall cabinets next to the bed. Slow-going process, but I've already taken it camping once and it was amazing (up a hairy rocky 4x4 path after dark, then the skies opened up and rain and hail came in hard and heavy).

Recently added a folding table to the back, working on a radio/12v cabinet, etc etc.

I also looked at Pinzgauers, but even the 712 was just a bit too small for what I wanted. We don't really have land rover 101's out here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese
read a bunch of toiletstuff in the last two pages so I figure I'll ask for opinions here:

The Vlolvo is pretty well decked out now, but the one thing I don't have but would kinda like is a toilet. I honestly don't see any room for one inside, I was wondering if anyone made something small enough I could theoretically stow underneath the truck on rails or something.

For reference:

I either underneath the mid doors, or possibly under the back tucked up under the fuel tank.

I can get a nice camping shower kit, but I haven't seen anything that would fit for a toilet, and while I'm fine with a shovel in backwoods camping, It would be nice luxury to have.

• Locked thread