Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I've been camping my whole life, my parents tell me they took me out the first time when I was 3-4 weeks old in their old ford conversion van back in 81. Kept it going ever since, I've got a little pop up tent trailer, and I love it. My usual style of camping is to go to semi-rough forestry campgrounds and hang out for a week. The trailer doesn't have a bathroom, so I need a place with outhouses, and I need to be able to get there without 4x4, hasn't been an issue yet.

2005 Fleetwood colonial model. This was down near Longview, Alberta.

The floor plan is simple, but quite functional. It's very roomy inside. For some reason I don't have any pictures of the interior.

This was during one of my first trips with it nearly a decade ago, up near Caroline, Alberta.

The view from my campsite (I was standing by the campsite table when I took this) was amazing.

Same campground, different trip. This was my original tow rig, my lovely old 2001 dodge dakota, 2wd, manual, 3.9l v6. It was capable enough, got me over the Rockies 3-4 times and back without issue. The roof rack (I was a courier back then, worst job ever) came in handy to move the canoe.

The 'new' truck is much more capable. It was my grandfathers, but it's a 1990 Ford f-150 (only 144k km as of today!) and he used it to tow his 20 something foot long 5th wheel. Also 2wd, automatic (unfortunate, but whatever, it works well) with a proper overdrive and an overdrive shutoff for long hills.

The view from the top of one of the Cyprus Hills near Medicine Hat, Alberta.

This is up in Kananaskis country, Peter Lougheed Provincial Park, if I remember correctly. (Like 90 minutes from my house.)

The country near me is perfect for camping. Outdoor activities abound, and the views are wonderful. Only downside is the weather, we get bad hailstorms out here, I've had to replace the roof on this thing twice because of hail. Small price to pay, imo.

Bacicot posted:

"The Dragon"...

This is phenomenal. I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

:stare:

Holy poo poo, that's an amazing price. How many KMs on it?

(also, look for signs of mice around the firewall and engine hump, they love to climb up there)

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Those military truck guys out in quesnel legit? I just found that page the other day too.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Seat Safety Switch posted:

"Grip Equipment" was basically your nickname in high school so this should be fun.

Whole lotta beer can storage in that.

What's the conversion plan? Looks like a rad bus there csb.

Slung Blade fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Nov 15, 2015

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I'd call a hitch place and ask them, they ought to know better than most of us.

I wish I could answer your question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Last week I went camping with my folks and my sister out in the Okanagen.

We had a pretty sweet view.

Tiny Terry performed admirably.

I set up my hammock for fun.

Had a nice night view of Peachland.

Stopped at Canyon hot springs on the way home (it's a long drive)

The campground is no great shakes, but the setting is amazing.

• Locked thread