Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
I can borrow my brother's 13 foot scamp for camping trips and my 3 and 5 year old like it a lot. (no bathroom or water but the stove and electric works) What I dislike is only going 55 on the freeway since I'm pulling a trailer. (In Southern California) This got me looking into pop up slide in truck campers.

Am I being unrealistic thinking a family of 4 can camp in one of these? I understand it will be tight but the camper is mostly just used for sleeping, changing, breakfast for the kids in the morning so they can be warm in pj's and not out at a cold picnic table. I like the idea of pulling up to campsite and sliding it off the truck so we'd still have a vehicle to drive around but camp is all setup. Sort of using it like my brother's scamp, but carrying it on vehicle so it's easier to maneuver while traveling.

We're pretty much always at campsites so bathroom/shower isn't a necessity. Would a F150 or Tacoma be enough? I'm reading people saying you really need to upgrade to the 3/4 ton trucks to make full use out of truck campers.

I also found stuff like the habitat truck topper that seem like they'd work well for the smaller trucks. http://adventuretrailers.com/campers/toyota-habitat/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread