Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

I was conceived in a van down by a river, can I post here?

My dad had a 1980 Chevy cargo van he converted to a camper. I spent a very large portion of my childhood in that thing, hunting and camping all over Alaska. The van itself started going downhill about the time we got stuck 10 miles up a river (yes, dad drove a 2wd van ten miles straight up a river - it's an Alaska thing) and smashed up the body trying to get traction under the tires.

OP, you forgot something we in the states call a 'Class C'. It's the front cab of a van mated to the back half of a motorhome. Those are what most people up here buy, since they can be purchased with fairly reasonable financing - the catch is that motorhomes depreciated approximately 50% each year. If you can find one that's just a couple of years old you'll save a A LOT of money, and the odds are high it won't have all that many miles.

To anybody doing a conversion, I highly recommend cartridge-style toilets. You can dump them in any toilet or outhouse and they smell an awful lot better than the honeybucket style I grew up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

Jonny 290 posted:

Gotta pull the toilet tomorrow and get the carpet out of the bathroom (UGH WHO DOES THAT?)

When we were looking at houses there was one fairly new one with WHITE carpet in the bathroom.

It was noticeably stained around the toilet.

• Locked thread