Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grunthaas
Mar 4, 2003

Vans are cool, unfortunately mine is currently dead and having a new engine put in, Ill add some pics when I get it back.

thegasman2000 posted:

Anyone have any opinions on split charge relays? I can get a kit for like £20 on eBay or pay over £200 for one. I get batteries for free due to my work for a local scrap yard so kinda want something basic and cheap. Working starts soon :/ managed to beg and borrow from some electrician friends the wire I need.

Ive done a few van conversions and Id recommend getting a voltage sensing relay. Years ago I converted an older transit (the model before yours) and tried using a relay from the alternator light but ended up burning out a few alternators before figuring out that it didnt like the relay on that circuit - Ive gone with voltage sensing since then. This is what Im on about : http://www.towsure.com/product/SelfSwitching_Combination_Relay - Id use that to run a bigger relay as the internal ones are a bit wimpy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grunthaas
Mar 4, 2003

If its a voltage sensing relay then it doesnt need a connection to the alternator - just go straight from the battery. Whats the maplin part number?

• Locked thread