Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Jonny 290 posted:

We're sleeping in the RV now (one week to go) and the cats like it. Minor mechanicals and cleanup, tags on Monday, then we leave Thursday!

Blew the first fuse, it looks like one of the old incandescents started drawing like 18 amps last night and popped it. Fixture looks fine. Disconnected it, circuit came back up fine. More LEDs needed.

Have you sold the house yet or is it just empty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Jonny 290 posted:

Mostly empty, FSBO sign is up but I don't have it on MLS yet. Going to hire some fellows from Craigslist early next week to finish the cleanout (anything of value is out already) and we're hitting the road on Thursday or Friday.

Sounds good, good luck with the drive!

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Jonny 290 posted:

Wifi has been acquired, though i've got -80 db of signal and have 50-100kbps of throughput. It's enough for posting and IRC and email, so I'm happy. Better than nothing.

Amazing, and that's with the fancy antenna. A worthy purchase indeed.

Is it stable? I have found you don't need a metric ton of bandwidth for most things if it's relatively stable.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
So I guess you can feed one half with one 50A circuit and the other half with the other circuit? Sounds worth it to me, especially since this winter is shaping up to be good and cold. Y'all are already in single digits, imagine what January and February might be like. 50A just to one heater might be nice. :v:

I say this with no idea of the cost and also with it not coming out of my pocket, so....

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Jonny 290 posted:

the pleasure of not having 40F floors

Even if you stayed in the red on this project you can't put a price on this

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
This thread sparked a long dormant question for me - when looking at trailers that could be towed with a small car Uhaul's had what seemed to be ridiculously high empty weights. Even this tiny "sport" trailer is listed at 535 lbs. Like I understand that these things are steel beams and wood (and in the sport thing's case, fiberglass) but that still seems crazily heavy. Are these weights accurate, or is Uhaul backwards on this?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Slack3r posted:

Water piping update from frozen split copper to PEX.

Is all of that internal? I can't imagine PEX would fare well against errant road stones :ohdear:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
I'd say it's more of a sabbatical than an end from the sound of things. Enjoy all the space jony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Having a non-intercooled turbodiesel seems like a very bad idea to me

• Locked thread