Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

cynic posted:

Yeah, the first hour or so of most of our journeys involves 40-50 along narrow roads with nowhere to overtake. I always have a queue behind me by the time I hit motorway.

On the drive to my parents place (I'm in Aus so it's 5 or 6 hundred kilometers away) there's this lovely stretch of steep mountain road and a nice undulating road along the river. Always clogged with caravans and campers in the holidays and wrecks an interesting drive. Even the logging trucks are faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

jonathan posted:

In America that one is likely $55k to $75k. The nicest one I have been in is a Jayco Seismic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hwUE5qpGSg

The garage door levels and handrails pop up as a rear patio. On the side is another raised patio with guard rails, TV, sound and light system and cooler/bar. Also dual washrooms. One being a shower in the garage.

Pay attention to 3m:15s of that video

I'm all for enjoyable peace and quiet but I imagine some pretty cool lake parties with drunk 22 year old easily impressed females on that deck.

What the gently caress is wrong with people? It seems these, like luxury boats and aircraft, are designed by some of the most conservative backwards blind people you're ever likely to meet. Who sees a small space and thinks that dark woodgrain with pseudo antique moldings is going to make anything feel larger. Where's the light colours, light woodgrain, minimal design?

If I had the money for one of these I'd almost want to get an empty shell and deck it out from there but it would still have that overall cheap looking exterior where you can tell price rather than performance or suitability of use was the driving force behind the specification.

Give me a nicely done teardrop anyday.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

This

I know what you mean though, I daydream about doing something like this but on a smaller scale:

https://hofarc.com/portfolio/

Or one of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH5h0qU4EQ4

Nice.

There's some nice global expedition vehicles out there too so its not all bad.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

jonathan posted:

There is a cozy warmth to it. With bright white, its looks like an office building lunch room. Clinical. The bright colours look good in a condo, but to me, it takes away a certain rustic cabin mood I want while I'm relaxing near a lake.

That's why you accessorise, maybe a nice throw draped across the couch, a bright simplistic artwork on the wall (yellows really brighten a space) or maybe some flowers.

/interior design chat.

• Locked thread