Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Looks like a slice 'o heaven!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Is that built onto the harbor freight folding 4x8? I'm about to buy one just to use as a trailer behind my wrangler - what do you think of it?

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Chopsy posted:

We're actually building it freestanding but able to bolt to the ol HF when it's not in the back of the truck. The HF is cheap and decent, but when I have time I'm gonna weld all the joints because I poo poo you not there's like 40 lbs of crap Chinese bolts holding that thing together. Also def pack some good grease into those bearings asap.

Edit: gonna start a thread when I can, got that fucker skinned w sheet aluminum and the floor in already.

I put mine together and hauled it 500 miles so far. I agree on the welding, that's on the list for this thing! It tows really well so far, but is definitely better with some weight in it. I was towing in through Baja while empty and it was pretty bouncy. Adding all of my tools and the spare tire to the front of the trailer helped immensely with the bouncing.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Maybe some tabs welded on to the inside or outside of the frame so that the body can be bolted down? That way you wouldn't have to drill into the frame and risk extra rusting and such over time.

• Locked thread