Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

Jonny 290 posted:

Yellow as HELL. I gotta put some up next to the wall paint, see how that combo looks.

Not sure if it works with your fabric or even in a space like an RV, but we did a yellow similar to that on the walls with slate grey on the cabinets with nickel hardware and it turned out fantastic.

Digging the progress though. Keep it up man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

Throatwarbler posted:

Behold!

Make it so the chimney section on top can be easily removed by climbing up to the roof of the truck, hell make the whole drat kit and kaboodle removable. engineer some way to radiate the heat into the truck, maybe even run coolant lines from the engine and use that, with the added bonus of reducing engine warmup times on cold mornings, atach thermocouples for light power generation, it's just a matter of how much efficiency you want vs how complex you want to engineer the whole circuit.

The chimney on your house is easily 15 feet tall at minimum. What you drew based on most RV's is about 7 feet + whatever the extension you drew is (Not another 8 feet for sure). The reason your chimney in the house works so well is because of the draft that's created by having that long piece of pipe going up thru your entire house and (if it's to code) 3 feet above it. You can't shrink that distance and expect to get the same amount of draft.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

Throatwarbler posted:

I suppose you could make the chimney taller although that would be rather difficult to set up and tear down, but at this point the entire stove is outside the cabin so the smoke should be a non issue right?

If the stove doesn't face in the cabin to provide heat then you are just continually creating more problems to be solved than is necessary. Space is always at a premium with an RV which is why they use a liquid source for fuel, heating, and cooking.

• Locked thread