Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noeland
Feb 28, 2006

thegasman2000 posted:

There are 5 6 main types of Camper:

Where would you classify Schoolies and Toterhomes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006

thegasman2000 posted:

Totterhomes I would classify as the Winnebago. Big and fully equipped. Can you link to a schoolie? Google give me teens on holidays...

Schoolies (or skoolies for those with a penchant for kooky misspellings) as in converted school busses. Many examples can be seen here -> http://www.skoolie.net

To be honest I have a hard time considering something so customized and ruggedly built as a toterhome to be in the same class as a Winnebago. Whenever I think Winnebago (regardless of class), I think unsupported fiberglass, musty shag carpet, and cheap cabinetry with the permanence of cardboard.

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006

thegasman2000 posted:

Anyone have any opinions on split charge relays? I can get a kit for like £20 on eBay or pay over £200 for one. I get batteries for free due to my work for a local scrap yard so kinda want something basic and cheap. Working starts soon :/ managed to beg and borrow from some electrician friends the wire I need.

My biggest recommendation for any split charge is to install a manual disconnect for your engine battery.

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

We are sneaking up on one calendar month of RV living.

Big points:

-Buy spare toilet parts. We're currently hitting the park bathrooms because our slide valve died on the underside of the shitter, and I'm having a replacement shipped in as fast as I can - which still takes five business days.

Theres a huge RV parts/service/sales megacenter up in Johnson's Corner. I'm sure in the future that if you went through them that in just a day or two you could have any emergency repair parts that would be too onerous to carry as a spare.

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

To keep it out of the archives and provide an update, the last Denver freeze split our water heater tank. I am stingy and left the propane off too long. I learned my got-drat lesson.

Since you're running propane, why not run tankless?

• Locked thread