Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

I once uploaded a very rare Soviet film that I love to goddamn death called Defense Council Sedov.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pquRUiRZgo

It's about a lawyer going up against the system in the darkest days of the Stalin years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

InfiniteZero posted:

Are you strictly looking for great USSR films or do other Eastern Bloc films count?

Because if so, IKARIE XB1 rules:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-WB3HmYWp4

This film was way ahead of its time and has a badass aesthetic.

Ikarie XB1 loving RuLeZ.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

InfiniteZero posted:

Guilty as charged.

Still, it's a good film.

It's essential watching because it's equal pats, like, Lost in Space-style sci-fi and 2001-style sci-fi. Love how strangely it'll jackknife between themes.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

DarkSol posted:

Watched Lemonade Joe over the weekend. While I think the original cinematic release was in black and white, the version I saw made prodigious use of color. Now I'm not talking about Ted Turner-esque recoloring, these were beautiful. Hilarious movie as well.

The original release was tinted, making it for the most part lemonade-colored. What'd the version you saw look like?

• Locked thread