Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Waffleman_ posted:

I chuckled for a good minute at this.

We all need a buddy like Buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Oh, gee, I wonder if it was that mysterious masked bandito standing right there in the field?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Who'd have guessed that the mysterious masked man in the black hat would turn out to be the thief?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

More science should be explosion-oriented. I'm looking at you, library science!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Elfs, and the forests which contain them.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

"Elves? No, no, we said shelves. Get to crafting!"

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Look at those classy threads, this pig-boy's moving up in the world!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It sounds nice until you realize he actually just teleported those puppies away from their mother and didn't return them.

And to be honest, Cutopia's not looking all that cute. I've seen cuter, anyway. You've got your work cut out for you.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Mehuyael posted:

Man, that's kind of a letdown. I was hoping for A Very Special Episode where the queen learns that conventional cute isn't all there is.

We've discovered the dark secret of Cutopia is an un-cute gulag for those who don't fit the overriding aesthetic, and you find it a let-down?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The game will end with Sam, mad with power, deconstructing the whole world and rebuilding it in his image.

Which will turn out to be exactly as it is now, except with him promoted to full pig-boy.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Not going to lie, playing make-believe cowboys and robbers with Ginny was cute.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I love how the game is a little self-aware about how being a Wandolier mostly involves putting up with goofballs and their silly requests. Sam's expression when it slowly dawns on him that of course he's the one who has to kiss Trevor, delightful.

You'd think he could talk Buddy into taking that bullet, alas, if only Sam could actually talk.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I will not soon forget our time spent... in the TREVORVERSE!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Gotta say, relationship gossip loses its luster in a school with only two boys and two girls. Unless a dozen random nobodies in uniforms show up to pad out the dance there isn't that much suspense.

Unless Buddy and Lyndsay have to dance, of course. Hold on, maybe I should get a grid...

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Come on, Travis, you've got to wake up and smell the boilerplate college-romance-drama plotline or else you'll wake up one day to realize you're twenty five with nothing but a communications degree and a pile of obsolete personal electronics to show for it!

I'm on Team Liberty.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

That one frame of smiling, while probably unintentional, is marvelously unsettling.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It's a pity to see talking about Liberty and Summer made the girls sad, the whole love triangle thing appears to be straining their relationship. Hopefully neither of them gets stuck with Chaz at the dance.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Ahahaha, okay then. Liberty, since Summer seems to have gone off Travis a bit and is better positioned to get over him.

If only all of us could just ask random passers-by/royal wizards to decide our love-lives for us!

Dolash fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 16, 2015

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

That was adorable! Not much else to say. Even Chaz wasn't 100% a butt-head.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The lesson here is rejection leads to personal growth, while acceptance leads to codependence! Maybe if Sam didn't go around fixing everyone's problems for them, they'd need to learn to redecorate their own houses too!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

That's okay, nonsense happens! I'm sure your little cartoon friends could use a breather after all that dancing and errand-running.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Sam looks like a renaissance explorer, perfect for charting the uncharted!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

He looks a lot like Morcubus, to be honest. When he first appeared I briefly thought that was him.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

There's something classically Sims-ish about trapping helpless NPCs in a room with no exits while they complain about pathing until they eventually starve. Buddy and Lyndsay are both lucky MySims doesn't model hunger - the real question is who'd eat who first!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

That was very cute and fun, well done! And congrats on a completed Let's Play, never a small undertaking.

• Locked thread