Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Entering and exiting a building usually fixes the sidekick morph, although I'm pretty sure they once just teleported inside a house still fused in my game. It wouldn't surprise me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Before you leave, you should go and talk to Renee once she's gone to bed. I got an interesting comment about her true feelings about pigs.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Let's get some hottub elf-on-nature action!

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

GirlCalledBob posted:

Everyone's so betrayed by the lack of candy, yet the symbol for the island is clearly a pair of headphones and DJ Candy was in Agents so I don't know what people were expecting.

-Palooza ia also an addition used to reference music festivals.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

I think it was this point in the game where I got bored with making things look pretty and just spammed bushes to meet the criteria then deleted them so I didn't waste any mana. Laziness!

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

I usually waited until the end of a land, then swept through deleting stacks of bushes and barrels. World's tidiest hurricane.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Female Wandoliers get a fancy period style dress with matching updo!
Speaking of Sam's herding experience, every single island has some kind of herding/leading section. One island that will be coming up is an abomination for this, requiring two seperate herdings on a very tight, finicky path. It's entirely possible to get your target stuck on the scenery for a long time before they decide to move on to the next area. Have fun with that, Picayune!

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

You're all praising Leaf for building his stupid hot tub, but we're not even at his crowning glory.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Ghostwoods posted:

What happens if you just build a door to nowhere?

Well, first off you can't, you have to attach it to a "house" block. And second, I can't remember what else happens on the island but Picayune might demonstrate it so I won't hazard any guesses.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

GirlCalledBob posted:

Poppy and Violet were related in the original MySims, too. Part of the 'joke' of their characters is they're complete opposites and also sisters, so I guess they wanted to keep that constant.

I have to say, I don't remember this island all that fondly. The characters are okay but the theme is sort of bland and there's that one task... :argh:

If you mean the spiders, that is ridiculously easy to cheese.
Gameplay spoilers:You fence off all but one part of the picnic area, chase the spiders out of the last area then close it off completely until the picnic is complete

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Picayune posted:

A completely plausible explanation. :golfclap:

Being burnt at the stake for witchcraft could be a makeover, right?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Trevor Island. SUFFER FOR YOUR ART.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Picayune posted:

The socialization stuff is definitely my favorite part of the game. (Building is neat and all, but argh Wii controls so twitchy argh.) Unfortunately the optional dialogues can be pretty by-the-numbers, but we'll see some pretty great ones, too.

Not to mention how if you aren't looking at it from the right angle you can end up with just a tower of blocks because they haven't settled on the ground but instead have stuck to each other. A world of levitating flower boxes.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

I knew this part would be awful, those loving rabbits are my bane. The worst part is when you get one across, but cut it off too soon and it runs back over.

AND THIS ISN'T THE ONLY lovely CHASE SECTION

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

This entire island is one big gently caress you but some parts can be pretty great :haw:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Go to Dino Island, because it has one of the few places you can trap Buddy and Lyndsay.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Oh man, I wish I could remember Summer's reaction when you play as a girl. I think it involves more sympathy than shrugging, but I may be imagining things.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

If you pick Liberty, you get a funny scene, while picking Summer gets you a rather sweet scene from what I remember.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Derp! I thought picking Lib got the funnier scene but I guess I was thinking of when you pick Summer. Or maybe I was imagining it all, but I'm sure one of them had a pretty funny scene with Chaz.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Holy poo poo. I didn't know Morcubus gave such a neat outfit out. I wonder what the female version is?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Finally! It's possible to trap Lindsay and Buddy in that cage by leading them into it, closing it and hopping over the wall. Since the island isn't big enough to prompt them to teleport, they stay there.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

I think Summer gives you her and Liberty's outfits? I distinctly remember wearing Lib's uniform at one point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

I'll be immortalised forever for Sim cruelty!

Thanks so much for the cute LP, it prompted me to go and get my own copy. If I had the equipment, I'd take pictures of all the female clothing but alas my efforts would probably look like poo poo.

• Locked thread