Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
The musical note trees always make me think of the music trees from the Clangers. Quick, roll them up on a tube from the Cheese Tree and use them to power a flying machine!

For a while there British children's TV was really weird.

GirlCalledBob fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jul 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't know if I've brought this up before, but it's literally impossible for me to NOT read Gabby's lines as Scruffy from Futurama.

I never realised I was doing this, but it's true.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013

Everyone's so betrayed by the lack of candy, yet the symbol for the island is clearly a pair of headphones and DJ Candy was in Agents so I don't know what people were expecting.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013

Psion posted:

I'm not sure what to anticipate after reading this.

Something awesome.

Forest of the Elves is one of my favourite islands for sheer what the gently caress value. I look forward to seeing what the thread thinks of that place.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
Elves because, as previously stated, that island makes no sense and it's amazing.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
See, some people guessed that Leaf might be the weird part of this island, but did anyone see Hopper and the talking unicorn statue coming?

I love the Forest of the Elves.

Can we get a video of Hopper running around making insane noises? I remember it being pretty great.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
I told you this island was the best island. :colbert:

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
Poppy and Violet were related in the original MySims, too. Part of the 'joke' of their characters is they're complete opposites and also sisters, so I guess they wanted to keep that constant.

I have to say, I don't remember this island all that fondly. The characters are okay but the theme is sort of bland and there's that one task... :argh:

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013

Roro posted:

If you mean the spiders, that is ridiculously easy to cheese.
Gameplay spoilers:You fence off all but one part of the picnic area, chase the spiders out of the last area then close it off completely until the picnic is complete

Oh I realise that now, but I first played this game as a dumb kid who didn't think to do anything other than what the game presents as the 'right' solution, so no cheese for me. This being a pretty kiddy game I didn't really have any trouble playing my naive, awful way, whic is probably why I have such fond memories of the game as a whole.
Years later, this island is still my least favourite, because of that one task. If you are a stupid child, that task is bullshit.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013

Seyser Koze posted:

I can't help but notice that Violet is much less happy about being paired up with Daniel than Daniel is about being with her.

She's Violet. Being less happy than everyone else is sort of her thing.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
I love Yuki :allears:

This is also a good island for Goth Boy pointing out that our video game logic (and our faces) are stupid. And yet we're going to solve everyone's pointless tasks anyway.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
The elf island is my favourite island for levels of sheer WTF but this island has my favourite characters and some of the best writing.

Really, there's no bad islands in this game. Cutopia and one of the ones coming up are definitely the weak links but they still have their charm. (Spencer, anyone? :allears:)

This LP is the greatest simply for reminding me how much I love this game.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013

Picayune posted:

: Hooray! Bites on the face for everybody!

Yuki is the best character. :allears:

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
As a certified British person, I an confirm that 'May I Bite Your Face?' is an excellent show, and Yuki has the best taste and is the best. :colbert:

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013

Picayune posted:

Honestly, she's a tweenager who watches a lot of anime and British sitcoms and acts all spooky and random to get attention. ... I did not actually have to make any of that up.

In the original MySims she talks about filing her teeth to points because she wants to make a big mark when she bites your face. In other words, not really a vampire, just takes pictures of herself as one to post to her 2008-era Livejournal. :drac:

Yuki is the greatest character. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
Yuki is still the best character, but she does have one of the worst 'friend quest' or whatever you want to call these little afterthought quest things. She makes up for it with her conversation. I can't stay mad at her.

• Locked thread