Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

dijon du jour posted:

Unfortunately if you try to get past the gate without at least distracting the guard he'll catch you and send you back, so you unfortunately have to do things the game's way...

Orrrrrrrr you could skip all that crap by building a staircase as high as you can over the gate then jumping onto and across the trees on the right side of the gate until you get to the raised bit of land with the spooky tower on it, Spence' won't see you once you get past that point. Voila! Skipping straight to Violet!

(Just kidding, when you get over there the game doesn't actually advance any. The trigger for saving Violet doesn't trigger until you complete all the preceding quests. You can talk to Violet but she'll just say something generic like "You know it isn't so bad here." :sigh:)

Sam might be able to pill off crazy stuff like that, but do you think Daniel would feel comfortable with trying to do that?

EDIT: Huh, ninja'd by update because I hadn't refreshed the page in so long.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Ijuuin Enzan posted:

Oh gently caress offfff they did

Did what exactly? Besides make RPG jokes.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I like how this guy actually has some kind of excuse for his gate to be easily opened from the outside, bad builders! If only more games had such a logical excuse for their easily infiltrated/invaded villains lairs.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Wow, now I have to see Rusty in Zepplin Pilot gear. Someone get on that STAT!

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

AweStriker posted:

It's winter break most places, and therefore not the time to get our learn on. Let's go to Uncharted Island, which is somehow on our map despite being uncharted.

Perhaps it's simply the interior that is uncharted, while the actual location of the island itself is known?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Picayune posted:

Sadly, I don't think so. (Granted, I've only played through that part twice in recent memory.) Trevor just randomly rejects things like 'the Capital' and 'rivers'. I don't know why. Who can understand the mind of Trevor Verily?

Trevor Verily? :v:

• Locked thread